Our Client has identified the need for project and program management support to deliver 17 major construction projects associated with developing the infrastructure required for the reprocessing and making safe of nuclear waste material. CAPEX for the 20 year program is estimated at $6.5billion. The support the Client requires is being procured through the selection of 4 Program and Project Partners (PPP) to form an integrated team for the 20 year programme duration. The PPP partnership will be comprised of: Integration (Lot 1), Engineering & Design (Lot 2), Civil Construction (Lot 3), Process Construction (Lot 4), and Sellafield. Each Partner has defined scope responsibility, and combined responsibility for delivering the Major Projects on time and budget for which there is a gain share mechanism in place.
The Integration Partner will be required to provide strategic and enabling project management support as required to structure and deliver the portfolio of Major Projects under the PPP Project. Major Projects will be delivered through Aligned Delivery Teams (ADT), which will be integrated teams formed from all Lot Partners using the principle of best athlete, while taking cognisance of each Lot Partners specific scope responsibility. The Integration Partner will also be required to deliver Site-Wide Project Delivery Improvements and ensure the collaborative working environment with Client and the other Lot Partners is developed and nurtured.
The Integration Partner team at mobilisation will be circa 30 strong, growing to circa 300 over 5-10 years.
The position will initially be based in Warrington (near Manchester and Liverpool) to be near the engineering resource, but will migrate to West Cumbria (adjacent to the Lake District) as the projects move into their construction stages. Frequent travel between these locations is likely to be required. A minimum three year commitment to the position is essential, as is the ability to build a highly collaborative culture of a large diverse team.
Ideally the candidate should have worked with KBR either as an employee, JV partner or client representative, but this is not essential.
- Other Senior Project Managers and Project Managers
- KBR Head of Lot
Primary roles and responsibilities:
Provides leadership and direction to the Aligned Delivery Team, comprising:
- Engineering Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Construction Manager
- Commissioning Manager
- Engineering Delivery Manager
- Contracts Manager
- Project Controls Manager
- EHSS&Q Manager
- IM Manager
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Building the collaborative working culture (within KBR and between the Lot Partners and the Client) to ensure the success of the Major Project
- Ensuring that safety and security is actively managed on the project in accordance with KBR’s Zero Harm safety management process and Client’s safety and environmental objectives
- Development and maintenance of the project plan & execution strategies to deliver the Major Project in accordance with the KPIs, client Key Success Factors, and an the PPP Integrated Management System
- Managing the Major Project to ensure it is delivered on or ahead of schedule whilst driving towards double digit cost savings against the delivery norms
- Resource selection, training and development
- Maintaining good community and supplier relations and participation
- Bringing industry best practice into the team
- Assures safe project execution to the client, Head of Projects and PPP Management Board satisfaction, consistent with cost, schedule and contractual requirements while maintaining bottom line responsibility for financial success.
- Assures the project execution is in accordance with policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the PPP Board.
- Ensures the correct and timely resourcing of the project while upholding the principles of Best Athlete for key positions.
- Manages and coordinates activities of all project personnel by direct supervision, through subordinates or through Partners, etc.
- Plans the project execution and revises the plan as necessary and assures adherence to the plan.
- Keeps the Head of Projects advised of project status.
- Leads the project management team and is responsible for the successful completion of the project.
Upholds and promotes the PPP Charter as well as the KBR Code of Business Conduct.
- Higher Education Qualification in Engineering / Science or non-engineering / science degree or lower than degree qualification supported by a Registered Project Professional (RPP) APM qualification
APM Project Management qualification or Managing Successful Programmes qualification or equivalent. e.g. PMQ or PMI PMP
- Relevant experience as Project Manager preferably in the oil & gas industry or other regulated industry.
- Proven performance of delivering a diverse range of complex projects including development and implementation of a project execution plan across the project life cycle having a range of up to £500m. The project delivery experience preferably within a complex and heavily regulated environment across the full project lifecycle.
- Extensive experience in Project Management is required backed up with proven leadership skills and a substantial track record of influencing and working effectively across all levels in the organisation including senior management.
- Experience of working with integrated teams in a collaborative environment
- Excellent communicator, leader and team builder
- Experienced in coaching and training of teams in project or programme management
- UK HMG Security Clearance will be required.
Job: Project Management
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Leatherhead
Req ID: 1080181