KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 34,000 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Position Title: Procurement Supervisor
Position Description/Job Responsibilities
Under general direction, is accountable for the procurement performance and results of a specific Category or project:
- Executes and supervises cradle to grave purchasing activities (including bid, evaluate, award cycle, execution of agreements, execution of changes, price and schedule negotiations) for a specific equipment category group or project
- Establish Program Leveraged Agreements for a project
- Drive cost reduction initiatives in a specific Category group or project
- Assist in developing a Category specific sourcing strategies to support corporate and divisional objectives, providing the company competitive advantage in the areas of materials, supplies, and services and ensure the alignment with Engineering
- Identify corrective actions and measures in case of quality or schedule issues with suppliers
- Works closely with Engineering and the projects
- Assures that problems will reported timely to the projects and senior procurement management
- Locate, analyze, and develop a consolidated supplier base to meet current and future Category needs
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement
- Provide input to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process, procedures and tools
- Conducts the orderly closeout of Procurement operations, including settlement of claims and back-charges, and resolving punch list items assigned to Procurement
- Prepares and edits presentations describing Procurement methods, trends of lead times, prices, or other relevant information within Procurement’s scope of activities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum ten (10) years of Procurement and Supply Chain Management experience in a global EPC company executing contracts in key industries, such as oil and gas, LNG, petrochemical, chemical, etc.
- Preference of detailed purchasing experience on EPC projects with a PMC role
- Experience in purchasing or subcontracts, including bid, evaluate, award cycle, execution of agreements, execution of changes, price and schedule negotiations, and commercial strategy
- Experience establishing PLA's
- Proven track record in cost reduction programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in order to flow goals and directives and effectively communicate commercial solutions and concepts to procurement personnel and non-procurement personnel
- Ability to work in a complex schedule driven work environment
- Procurement experience in “lump-sum” business
- Experience with e-procurement tools, such as e-bidding or e-auctions
- Computer proficiency as well as intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office products
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven track record in cost reduction and control
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Procurement & Materials Management
Primary Location: US-US-TX-Houston
Req ID: 1080049