The Department of State’s Mobile and Remote Access (MRA) Division manages their Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions with 30,000+ mobile devices both domestically and overseas. To further the Departments excellence in the mobile space, the Department has invested in an ITSM and Telecom Expense Management (TEM) solution that will provide both incident/problem management and end-to-end mobile device lifecycle management – asset and configuration management.
A key component of this initiative is the development, configuration, and integration of ServiceNow. The Systems Platform Specialist/Analyst will be an integral part of a small Team who will focus on the design, development, configuration, testing, and deployment of Service Now modules that will integrate with TEM and other Department COTS products. This critical project will require the expertise of a systems platform specialist/analyst specifically to support the requirements gathering, data analysis/modeling, testing and QA of ServiceNow and its integration with the TEM solution, MDM platforms and other COTS products. Ultimately, a full ticketing system will be built on this platform. The Systems Platform Specialist/Analyst will augment a larger Mobile Engineering Team with MRA and its ability to support customers via the new ServiceNow ticketing solution
Description of Duties:
The successful candidate will:
- Provide requirements analysis/gathering
- Conduct thorough testing and QA of TEM & ServiceNow modules
- Translate requirements into documents that capture business flows, mock-ups, use cases etc
- Create test documents, plans, and scenarios in support of testing across Development, QA, and Production environments
- Perform data analysis/modeling using large data sets to help support the design and development of customized GUIs/dashboards
- Recommend AND implement system/software design improvements and enhancements
- Participate in document and test reviews and refine designs for usability, review testing scenarios and refine test cases to ensure applications quality and work with users to review test results to ensure they meet expected results
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions, as requested, and recommend the most efficient and cost effective solutions.
- Support and coordinate scheduling and execution of releases, product upgrades, and new technology deployments.
- Evaluate new features and produce comprehensive analysis and recommendations.
- Perform and participate in product roadmap planning, participate in disaster recovery planning and testing, etc.
Occasional travel (less than 10%) may be required within the Washington, DC Metro area.
- Bachelor degree and 8+ years of experience in an information technology related discipline or additional experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with system/software engineering life cycle principles, translating requirements into functional and technical solutions, application implementation and support, enterprise monitoring
- Experience working with large data sets and performing data analysis/modeling to help facilitate and inform management decisions
- Familiarity with IT Service Management, Asset and Configuration Management and ITIL ® practices.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate (verbal and written) effectively within a small team environment
- Strong familiarity and working knowledge of ServiceNow Suite of tools and modules (e.g., Incident Management, Request Management, Knowledge Management, Reports and Dashboards, Problem Management)
- Familiarity with Remedy or other similar platforms desirable
- Familiarity with US government network environments and policies (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures).
- ServiceNow Administrator and ServiceNow Developer a plus
- ITIL ® Foundation certification a plus
Clearance Requirement: Interim/Active Secret Clearance prior to starting. US Citizenship is required.