The Principle Information Systems Technologist – Pivotal Platform Operations, you will be part of a highly skilled cross-functional team of individuals delivering modern application platforms as a managed service for the United States Air Force Air Operations Center (AOC).
The Platform Operations position is responsible for installation, maintenance, upgrades, monitoring, and management of Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes technologies as a managed service for the AOC enterprise in production operational environments. Working in a cross-functional team, you will be responsible for the entire deployment and operations lifecycle of these and supporting technologies to include their integration with external enterprise core services. All these technologies will be hosted in a VMWare VSphere environment, therefore experience working with VMWare is necessary.
The role of Platform Operations will require working very closely with the infrastructure, network and security operations team across one or many geographic theaters of AOC operations to ensure platforms in these distributed environments on classified and unclassified networks are stable, reliable, and always available for applications to run.
As Platform Operations, you will also support the application development teams who are building software products for AOC mission. You will share the status of these environments, answer questions about these environments, available services and their configuration, and offer recommendations on operational aspects that applications need to accommodate in their architecture. You will also implement continuous integration and continuous delivery processes to streamline the delivery of apps to production environments while aspiring to a culture of continuous process improvements.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
- Create, implement and manage Pivotal Cloud Foundry deployments in a production environment to ensure high availability and reliability
- Provide expertise for operational management of Pivotal Cloud Foundry on monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking and storage
- Administer virtualized Linux and Windows systems
- Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of platform and associated services.
- Integrate platform with external enterprise core services such as Active Directory Federation Services, DNS etc.
- Work with Service Desk, Incident Management, Configuration Management and Change Management Processes for the designated environments.
- Utilize automation tools to optimize the environments for DevOps.
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation and troubleshooting
- Works closely with developers and hardware personnel in troubleshooting issues.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active DoD Secret Security clearance
- Subject Matter Expertise in System Administration of Linux/Unix Operating System
- Experience with Windows Server Operating System including Active Directory
- Competence in configuring and maintaining VMWare VSphere environments
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and technologies and experience with relevant technologies such as Load Balancers / DNS / SSL / firewalls / NAT / DNS / NTP.
- 5+ years of experience in related fields or technologies to this job description
- Experience troubleshooting Operating Systems and Applications
- Experience with production systems and troubleshooting production issues with operating systems and applications
- Experience developing automation solutions with competence in scripting/programming languages for automating frequently executed activities such as Python, Perl, Unix shell
Required Education:· Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field and 8 years of Engineering, Computer or Information Science or 8 years of applicable professional experience in lieu of a BS This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Experience in Cloud Foundry and/or Kubernetes
- Expertise with VMware vSphere and ESXi
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networks (SDNs), network micorsegmentation and a familiarity with associated technologies such as NSX-V and NSX-T.
- Certifications including: VMWare Certified Professional, RHCE, MCSA, AWS Solutions Architect or Developer certification
- Experience with configuration and management of Authentication technologies including: Active Directory Federated Services using SAML and OAuth 2 protocols
- A software development or DevOps automation background.
- Experience with Jenkins, Bamboo, Concourse or other Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Security + certification
- Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.
- An understanding of Site Reliability Engineering concepts such as Service Level Indicators (SLI’s) and Service Level Objectives (SLO’s)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.