The Special Mission Aircraft (SMA) and Airborne Multi-Mode Radar (AMR) directorates within the (ISRS) mission area of Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) have an opportunity for a contract professional to join its team at the McKinney, TX location as the lead Contract Manager for the SMA directorate and Emerging Markets area of AMR. This opportunity will allow the successful candidate to be exposed to every phase of a product’s life cycle including production, sustainment and spiral development efforts. Further, this opportunity includes both Direct Commercial Sale (DCS) and US DoD contracting.
- Contracts lead for the SMA directorate comprised of ongoing commercial efforts and key business pursuits.
- Contracts lead for AMR Emerging Markets which make up the future of the AMR business.
- 8 years of contracts management related experience or 6 years of related contract management experience with an MBA.
- International and domestic travel required for potentially extended periods of time in support of negotiations or other programmatic/contractual discussions.
- DCS contracting experience with experience with CREW tool, Terms and Conditions Guidelines, International Due Diligence, Corporate Treasury, Corporate Risk, and Corporate Tax considerations, etc.
- Participate as a fully integrated program team member in the front-end strategic assessment of business pursuits, proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration and customer contact activities to provide superior and experienced contract leadership in accordance with company policies, legal requirements and customer specifications.
- Provide knowledge and experienced leadership on contracting issues, including rights, obligations and means to mitigate contractual/program risks.
- Collaborate across multiple functions as part of an integrated team to negotiate and execute contracts with best value and minimal risk.
- Compilation/analyzation/maintenance of data to prepare reports, track contract milestones and deliverables, as well as perform other duties as required to ensure contract compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Training internal program team stakeholders on contractual obligations and responsibilities (“What can you do and what can you not do for your customer within the bounds of the contract?”)
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships to drive results.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Ability to obtain Secret DoD clearance
- High level of critical/analytical thinking skills and sound business judgement.
- Strong understanding of the financial aspects of contract and other business arrangements.
- Strong negotiation skills with an ability to lead and define effective negotiation strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to effectively collaborate and coordinate.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
Bachelor’s in Business Administration or related field
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Juris Doctor (JD) preferred, and/or Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.