Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a program planning manager to join the Integrated Program Planning department. As the Manager and Planning Lead, you are responsible for planning and scheduling on all Marlborough, MA and Largo, FL (Integrated Communication Systems) ICS mission area programs.
You will lead program planning and scheduling through capture, program startup, establish of EV baseline and Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs); lead schedule analysis and schedule risk assessments; and provide leadership, direction, and support to teams of Program Planners/Schedulers. You must have the leadership skills and initiative to guide the Program Management and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) through implementations on small to large complicated programs.
Excellent team and interpersonal communication skills, business acumen, expert planning and scheduling knowledge and a desire to work in development and production environments are required. Strong customer relationship skills are required. Experience planning in the Aerospace Industry is required.
The position requires occasional out of state travel to various Raytheon and Customer sites.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, develop, and advise on all planning and scheduling elements of a program. Lead development of the Program Integrated Master Plan/Schedule (IMP/IMS), provide analysis of integrated schedules including critical path and what if analysis, and lead approach and implementation for Schedule Risk Analysis
- Analyze contract requirements and work closely with contracting staff to provide suitable, timely and accurate input for contract and subcontract language
- Understand program structures and alignment, and lead teams in development and alignment of program structures (Organizational Breakdown Structure, Product & Services Breakdown Structure, Work Breakdown Structure)
- Review/develop requirements for major subcontractor scope, reporting requirements, and schedule integration
- Develop schedule structures to ensure horizontal and vertical traceability
- Understand and perform Schedule Risk Analysis and support development of approaches to address SRA findings and DID compliance.
- Assess the impact of delays and changes and recommend strategies to adjust to proposed program changes
- Plan, direct, and control all planning and scheduling operations for mission area programs, and is the interface for all planning and scheduling issues with Senior Planning leadership
- Participate with other managers in developing and establishing SAS business unit and company-wide planning and scheduling procedures and training
- Ensure that the planning products are compliant with all internal and external requirements, EVMS system description and contract DIDs.
- Support Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) deployment and tailoring.
- 10 years in Planning and Scheduling experience in a DoD, EVMS environment
- Demonstrated experience in and understanding of alignment of programs structures and developing a schedule architecture for a complex program
- Demonstrated ability to independently assess program information and develop cohesive, integrated approach for program plans & schedule development
- Demonstrated Experience working in a competitive proposal environment.
- Demonstrated Experience on multiple programs with responsibility for development of and execution of the IMP/IMS: including setup, baseline management and update/maintenance, schedule analysis, critical path analysis, SRAs, and CDRL deliveries.
- Experience assisting Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) in planning, scheduling and cost estimating tasks
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience using numerous ancillary scheduling products (such as @Risk, Risk+, Milestones Pro, One Pager Pro, and PertChart Expert)
- Professional experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Clearance req’d day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
- Must have an active Secret Clearance and must be able and willing to work in a classified environment
- Effective presentation skills and proven success in communications at all levels
- Expert level Microsoft Project skills (preferably MS Project 2010+)
- Demonstrated team building skills with experience building high performing teams including customers and Subcontractors
- Strong track record of employee development skills
- Familiarity with Achieving Process Excellence (APEX), Microframe Project Manager (MPM), wInsight or similar EVMS tools
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.