OUR MISSION: Prevent. Protect. Improve.
Raytheon Missile Systems is seeking a Principal R6Sigma Analyst
Raytheon Missile System's Raytheon Six Sigma (R6s) Strategy Deployment Integration and Affordability Team is seeking a Principal Continuous Improvement Analyst to facilitate the modelling of current and future state business processes, identifying gaps and proposing gap closure recommendations. The role also is responsible for identifying, leading, and supporting efforts to improve current business processes and in context of Raytheon’s digital transformation journey.
The ideal candidate is ability to facilitate effective characterization and optimization of key processes, associated measures and improvement initiatives and events. These engagements have the overarching objective of evaluating and improving business process performance as assessed against key cross-functional metrics and desired outcomes while enabling agile and compliant execution.
Raytheon’s continuous improvement and digital transformation journey will also require the Process Analyst to guide project teams in selecting and applying Continuous Improvement tools and techniques to simplify, lean, and improve processes prior to automation. The ideal candidate will is able to apply system-level thinking on delivering desired outcomes, strong communication skills, creativity and resourcefulness, ability to build consensus while maintaining heading on target, data and metric analysis as well as cross-functional collaboration experience.
The ideal candidate has polished oral and written communication skills along with robust analytical skills interpreting, mining and summarizing data to infer meaningful conclusions. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to function effectively with minimal direct supervision
- Lead team collaboration with subject matter experts and process owners to characterize applicable processes and improve end-to-end value delivery and domain expertise
- Engage with business partners to analyze, implement, and update processes by utilizing sound process improvement models, methods and techniques
- Conduct business process modeling across value streams
- Understand the existing process architecture landscape for the organization
- Develop functional decomposition models based on existing process documentation and/or through facilitating work sessions
- Liaise with subject matter experts and business process owners to understand and document their business processes
- Define, redefine or translates business documentation into business process models
- Support Process Excellence team to drive business awareness of our common enterprise operational and process excellence methods, techniques, tools, etc.
- Establish relationships with enterprise objects such as risk, controls, applications within the processes and document them within BPM software
- Consult business and technology partners regarding process documentation and improvement
- Train and coach project teams on process modeling standards and best practices
- Support roll out of process modeling standards
- Support maintenance of process modeling standards and best practices
- Harmonize systems engineering, architecture & agile best practices / methods to better capture stakeholder / process requirements & more rapidly assess objectives & options
- Partner with key functional stakeholders including GBS and RMS IT to prototype, pilot and deploy process improvements, as well as help accelerate process digitization, orchestration and digital transformation value delivery to achieve desired business outcomes more quickly
- Minimum 6 years of applied experience in process modeling, process analysis, process improvement, information systems, data analysis and/or equivalent domains
- Knowledge of business process management practices
- Experience facilitating process workshops that involve eliciting process requirements and liaising with users
- Ability to structure a large amount of information within a process framework
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with teams to improve end-to-end value delivery and/or process productivity
- Knowledgeable about product and/or software development lifecycles
- Familiarity with Process Frameworks or Business Process Models (e.g. APQC PCF, ITIL, eTOM, SCOR)
- Apply business process modelling notations (e.g. BPMN, EPC, BPEL) and/or tools to documenting processes.
- Innovative problem solver, execution-oriented
- Strong communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Understand business processes, business requirements and able to translate them to requirement artifacts such as Business Requirements Documents, Functional specifications, User stories, Use Cases
- Experience creating robust process simulations, “what-if” scenarios
- Applied process orchestration and/or automation; preparing processes for automation
- Experience in Baldrige, CMMI and/or IPDS
- Usage of business intelligence toolsets (Business Objects, COGNOS, Informatica, or SharePoint); report creation
- Agile practitioner; Good knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies, experience applying agile methods in non-software environments; Certified Scrum Master
- Qualified experience with Business Process Analysis or Business Process Management (e.g. Certified Business Analysis Professional credential)
- Qualified experience with continuous improvement (e.g. industry qualifications: Six Sigma, Lean)
- Raytheon Six Sigma Principal Specialist or Expert qualification
Required Education (including Major):
• Minimum Degree: Bachelors of Science (B.S.), with Masters of Science (M.S.) preferred
• Majors: Management/Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.