NOTE: This is a temporary position expected to be 5-6 months in duration, depending on business needs.
Experienced candidates will write, revise and/or rewrite technical documentation, manuals, procedures, and diagrams related to hardware components. The successful candidate will work directly with engineers, designers, technical staff (subject matter experts), and management to collect the technical content for the documents. She/he will have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, research findings, technical developments, and other information to engineers and scientific team.Required Skills:
• Minimum of 10 years experience in technical document preparation in an engineering environment
• Expert in MS Word; proficient in the use of all other MS Office programs
• Ability to read technical drawings
• Working experience with Visio
• Ability to work independently and in an engineering team environment to create accurate requirements documents, maintenance procedures, reports, and manuals
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Superior communication skills
• Excellent writing, spelling and grammar skills
• Fast learner, with ability to quickly adapt and follow established templates and work flow processes
• Position requires solid grasp of mechanical concepts and a propensity for learning
• Able to travel internationallyUS Citizenship or current Permanent Resident status (green card) is required. Visa sponsorship is not available.Minimum Education Required:
HS Diploma/GED is required.
Bachelor Degree in technical discipline is desired. 137878
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.