This is a temporary position for Raytheon for an undetermined length
This position requires a current DoD Secret Clearance
Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) Field Engineering (FE) is seeking a Senior Level Engineer to work as a Guidance System Test Engineer and Sensor Analyst for the Trident Program based out of a customer site in Cape Canaveral, FL.
The individual will be responsible for performing system testing of the Trident Guidance System (GS), working with the Test Lead to collect and process test data, and perform related documentation of test activities. Additionally, the individual will become the onsite Stellar Sensor Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will support efforts to analyze system performance, and develop solutions to a variety of technical problems with different scopes and complexities. This will include interfacing with test development, test equipment development, hardware assembly, and data analysis teams, while also leading small teams, as needed. This role also requires the ability to conduct a problem investigation individually, and develop and present detailed failure reports, as needed. Furthermore, this individual will analyze the results generated by the existing test and analysis tools to recognize test issues and help guide the investigation to root cause.
The candidate will present to and interface directly with the customers (internal and external). In addition, the candidate will generate detailed schedules and provide technical status to management, customers, and fellow team members.
- Four (4) years of related technical individual contributor experience in system test and data analysis, with specific emphasis on electro-optical sensors.
- Experience with providing technical and schedule status to management, customers and fellow team members.
- Experience presenting to and interfacing with customers (internal and external).
- Experienced with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Working in a team environment, must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Active SECRET Clearance - (Current Existing Clearance).
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience and/or a background in missile or guidance system technology.
- Ability to handle a dynamic environment and to coordinate actions. Fast learner. Demonstrates initiative, ability to work independently towards program goals.
- Proven customer-oriented focus.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Current or prior experience as an Integrated Product Team Leader (IPTL). Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS); EVMS certified. Experience with Raytheon Estimate at Completion (EAC) process. Experience with technical and/or cost proposal generation a plus.
- Experience with development/test of strategic radiation hardened digital and/or analog and/or mixed signal and/or power electronics and/or sensors for missile guidance systems.
- Experience with inertial sensor calibration and alignment methods.
- Experience with system error modeling.
- Experience with Custom and Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) test equipment.
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems (DOORS).
- Experience with MATLAB and other scripting languages.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- BS or higher degree in a related field: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Material Science or AS Degree preferred.
- High School required, may substitute experience for upper level education
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.