General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Al Jaber Air Base
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of related experience in data security administration. (5+)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience. (BA/BS)
Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M or otherwise stated in SPIN-C or individual task order. The contractor is expected to have, but is not limited to, one or more IT certifications from each group:
Group 1: Information Technology Certification Requirements
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) – Microsoft Exchange/Windows Server or equivalent
• Cisco Certified Network Associate
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
• CompTIA Linux +
• Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC)
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Group 2: IA Technology Certification Requirements
• GIAC Certified Perimeter Protection Analyst (GPPA)
• GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
• GIAC Certified Windows Security Administrator (GCWN)
• GIAC Certified UNIX Security Administrator (GCUX)
• GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA)
• GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
• GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
Group 3: IAT Level II Requirements
• Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
• CompTIA Security +
• Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
• Systems Security, Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
Group 4: IAT Level III Requirements
• Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
• GIAC Security Expert (GSE)
• Security Certified Network Architect (SCNA)
• Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) or Associate
• Certification and Accreditation Professional (CAP)
• GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF)
• GIAC Security Leadership Certification (GSLC)
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)