General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
*** Additional Security Scrub Required***
Required skills/experience: AWS/C2S, SAN & NAS, S3, Glacier, VTL
Desired skills/experience: Java Development or other software development experience.
Desired Certifications: AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
• The primary focus of this position is engineering, Cloud Engineering, and Data and Application Security
• Demonstrated is responsible for developing and maintaining high visibility for cloud based-based IT systems
• Provides support to IT systems including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client problems. This position will serve as the Engineering SME and will be responsible for the development and delivery of the modular enterprise architecture, engineering design, and implementation plan of the identity management to support the mission and vision.
• Demonstrated competencies with enterprise solutions architecture, technical leadership and strategy, enterprise data and analytic engineering, enterprise software development and SysOps/DevOps.
• knowledge and experience with engineering and implementing SAN and NAS technology along with the different protocols for each storage technology
• Demonstrated experience managing, and operating systems and services in AWS.
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with customers to select a service based on various requirements.
• Experience delivering scalable, highly available and fault tolerant systems.
• Demonstrated experiences and outstanding in-depth knowledge of information security practices (cryptography, privilege separation, RBAC, Auditing, Patching, Security Benchmark compliance, OS hardening, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience using Amazon Web Service technologies AWS Command Line, Amazon Machine Images, Creating elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instances, Simple Storage Service (S3), Elastic Block Storage (EBS), Virtual Private Cloud or Cloud Watch
• Demonstrated Tier -3 SME troubleshooting, investigating, and performing root cause analysis on production incidents. Evaluating systems and making recommendations to increase availability and efficiency.
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding of proactive monitoring concepts, including experience configuring and deploying Network and system's monitoring, SNMP, Relational Databases (e.g. Ganglia, Nagios, Splunk, Solarwinds, NosQL and caching layers such as Memcache
• Desired engineering experience and knowledge with Linus (RHEL, VentOS, Scientific Linux) and Microsoft Windows Server (2008 r2, 2012 R2)
• Demonstrated in-depth troubleshooting and outstanding understanding of Internet/Web related protocols and technologies (e.g. Apache, Tomcat., Web Services, DNS, registrars, SSL, web hosting providers).
• Documented experience with Amazon C2s and cross domain solutions
• Developer should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end technologies
• Documented server side development experience covering program languages such as Java
• Securing applications using authentication and authorization programmatically
• Understanding business requirements and customer needs and working within a team to fully integrate automated testing with development best practices.
• Managing sets and subsets of users and groups
• Demonstrated on-the-job knowledge and experience with creating LUN and WWN
• Demonstrated on-the-job knowledge and experience with Fiber Chanel switch and enterprise storage array configuration and management
• Demonstrated on-the-job knowledge and experience with storage management, monitoring, and SRM tools sets and proven ability in problem solving techniques
• Demonstrated on-the-job knowledge and experience with engineering, operating and maintaining the enterprise backup and recovery solutions.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.