General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Function: Supports applications development office to test both functionally and for accessibility those applications written in Ruby on Rails, Java and SharePoint on various fibers on the customer’s infrastructure mainly but not limited to the cloud.
Required skills/experience: writing and executing detailed test plans, developing schedules and test routines for testing of software upgrades, ensuring software applications and code modifications meet requirements and operate satisfactorily in local and enterprise system environments.
Desired skills/experience: Demonstrated on-the-job experience with automated testing tools (i.e. Selenium, RAAKT, RSpec).
The tester will be responsible for software quality assurance testing of functional or newly developed software code of the Ruby on Rails, JAVA and SharePoint custom solution varieties found in small to medium fielded application solutions. The candidate is responsible for testing to customer QA expectations, the secure and functional developed Sponsor’s proprietary software and COTS customized code across a variety of projects. Must be familiar with software development life cycle, both manual and automated test-driven developed software code. Must be able to work well in an environment where the test workload ebbs and flows according to the influx of work. Ability to be a self-starter during slow periods of work flow, and ensure customer assigned developers adhere to customer’s application test protocol as enforcer of good software design. Responsibilities include building automated testing tools for rapid re-use in a variety of environments to include commercial and customer’s cloud infrastructures. Seeking experience with software application and infrastructure testing across back-end, service tier, and presentation layers, including a variety of graphical user interfaces.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience as a Software Application Tester.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing, writing and executing detailed test plans, procedures and scenarios for unit, process, function, system integration and acceptance testing for software and web applications as well as documenting the successes and failures of all executed test procedures.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience consulting with an array of software developers or requirements teams to coordinate and test applications.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing schedules and test routines for testing of software upgrades.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience ensuring software applications and code modifications meet requirements and operate satisfactorily in local and enterprise system environments.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience ensuring that software and user interfaces meet sponsor accessibility requirements.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience using the customer’s change management system.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with automated testing tools (i.e. Selenium, RAAKT, RSpec).
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with customer’s accessibility tools (JAWS, NonVisual Desktop Access, Tota11y, as well as various browser test tools).
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the customer’s mission, customer and partners, as well as applications which support them.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) commercial cloud services.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.