• This position requires both broad and deep technology knowledge in network engineering design and maintenance as well as the ability to architect solutions by applying advanced analysis skills to map customer operational challenges to appropriate end-to-end technology solutions.
• Provide overall enterprise level LAN and WAN IP-based infrastructure systems planning, operations and maintenance, and management.
• Manage infrastructures for operational networks, of multiple security classification levels.
• Serve as a technical point of contact for all matters related to network infrastructure efforts.
• Perform analyses on networks to discover and document the baseline.
• Support planning and execution of network installations and hardware upgrades.
• Perform engineering trouble shooting/problem solving at the system and component levels.
• Conduct LAN (Ethernet, HSRP, EIGRP, BGP, etc) and WAN (ISDN, ATM, SONET, etc) preventive and corrective maintenance and troubleshooting/problem resolution.
• Use network analysis tools (CISCO Works, CISCO Network Analysis Modules, etc).
• Perform enterprise traffic analysis (e.g., link utilization, flows, latency, and other relevant metrics) to detect/determine network inefficiencies and make recommendations to relieve network congestion/optimize the networks.
• Monitor performance to identify and optimize the system infrastructure and conduct transaction monitoring for bandwidth utilization and application performance.
• Provide advanced technical analyses of network infrastructure challenges and problems; develop/identify technical solutions responsive to customer needs.
• Engineer, install, test, and maintain wiring (copper and fiber) infrastructures.
• Support an improved infrastructure information security vulnerability posture through the performance of vulnerability assessments and analyses.
• Support customer computer technical support efforts on personal computers, thin clients, laptops, and peripherals.
Desired Qualification: Experience related to Military Occupation Codes: Navy 5312, 001045, 003006, 2781, 4741, 9295, 9306, 9307, V75B