Systems Engineer Sr Staff - - C-130 Lead - Special Operations Forces
Job ID: 477835BR
Date posted: Apr. 10, 2019
Description:Lockheed Martin, in support of Special Operations Forces (SOF) Global Logistics Support Services (GLSS), is seeking an experienced professional to be the MC-130 and Fixed Wing Development (FW Dev) systems engineering (SE) lead. The SE team performs overall SE process development and requirements flowdown – primarily at the Lexington location – as well as integration and test – primarily at the Fort Walton Beach location. This lead position is located in Lexington, but supports both locations. This is senior position that requires a highly motivated individual with demonstrated exemplary communication and technical skills.
The successful candidate will need to execute with minimal oversight while being well versed in SE principles and support of Task Order (TO) activities from proposal through execution. The candidate will coordinate with the MC-130/FW Dev program Chief Engineer, Cost Account Managers, and other discipline leads to ensure SE tasks are being performed on schedule and within budget. The lead is also a key element in performance of these tasks, in addition to coordination and execution of major program reviews (e.g., SRR, SFR, PDR, CDR). The candidate will also interface with the Fixed Wing functional manager to coordinate engineering task assignments, task schedules, estimates to complete, and overall program execution. Strong understanding of Mechanical and/or Electrical design principles is preferred. Experience with executing aircraft modifications from inception through production and sustainment is a plus. Familiarity with military requirements and products is desired.
SOF GLSS supports the customer with a quick turnaround and implementation of added mission capability based on evolving needs. This program is critical to the success of US service men and women deployed throughout the world. Our mission is to rapidly and properly equip the SOF community and its war fighters with the best possible systems and equipment anywhere in the world.
• Accredited B.S. in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or similar)
• Proven experience with the coordination, planning and execution of military programs
• Experience with generating System Engineering work products (Systems Engineering Master Plan, Master Test Plan, System Specifications, Trades Studies, Test Procedures, Test Plans and Reports, etc.)
• Experience in Systems Engineering design, requirements and interface generation, integration, and test
• Strong trouble shooting skills and proven ability to drive issues to closure
• Strong communication skills with a good professional presence when interfacing with the customer
• Familiar with preparing and presenting at program related reviews
• Experience leading and guiding a team to success
• Ability to travel when required
• Experience with AFSOC modification programs
• Understanding of electrical, mechanical, or aeronautical sciences design of fixed wing aircraft
• Familiarity with C-130 platforms
• Use of DOORS and/or Teamcenter software tools
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS8806 MISSILES AND FIRE CTRL (S0806)
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Design and Verification
Clearance Level: Secret
Type: Task Order/IDIQ
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week