Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated,mission-oriented, Senior Cyber Threat Analyst - APT Hunt to support in the McLean, VA area, with strong Customer relationships.
The NIS Division provides mission solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth
Join our elite team of Cyber Hunters who identify and defeat advanced persistent threats (APT's) and analyze patterns to profile adversary groups to protect and defend the most coveted intelligence target in the world. Use your expertise of hunting out the Black Hats playbook and identify anomalies and develop scenarios based on real-world cyber threat intelligence and conduct analysis on the associated data sets. You will collaborate with the detection and incident response teams to hunt for adversary behavior and based on findings, develop logic to ope-rationalize future detection by the incident response function. This McLean based position will be Monday - Friday with Core Hours. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Senior Cyber Threat Analyst - APT Hunt on this Agency-level Cyber Security support contract executes an APT Hunt capability for the Government. The selected candidate shall have experience with host-based and network-based APT related commercial technologies.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Construct and exploit threat intelligence to detect, respond, and defeat advanced persistent threats (APTs).
- Fully analyze network and host activity in successful and unsuccessful intrusions by advanced attackers.
- Piece together intrusion campaigns, threat actors, and nation-state organizations.
- Manage, share, and receive intelligence on APT adversary groups.
- Generate intelligence from their own data sources and share it accordingly.
- Identify, extract, and leverage intelligence from APT intrusions.
- Expand upon existing intelligence to build profiles of adversary groups.
- Leverage intelligence to better defend against and respond to future intrusions.
- Conduct advanced threat hunt operations using known adversary tactics, techniques and procedures as well as indicators of attack in order to detect adversaries with persistent access to the enterprise.
- Create and add custom signatures, to mitigate highly dynamic threats to the enterprise using the latest threat information obtained from multiple sources.
- Conduct initial dynamic malware analysis on samples obtained during the course of an investigation or hunt operation in order to create custom signatures.
- Develop and produce reports on all activities and incidents to help maintain day to day status, develop and report on trends, and provide focus and situational awareness on all issues.
- Correlate data from intrusion detection and prevention systems with data from other sources such as firewall, web server, and DNS logs.
- Notify the management team of significant changes in the security threat against the government networks in a timely manner and in writing via established reporting methods.
- Coordinate with appropriate organizations within the intelligence community regarding possible security incidents. Conduct intra-office research to evaluate events as necessary, maintain the current list of coordination points of contact.
- Review assembled data with firewall administrators, engineering, system administrators and other appropriate groups to determine the risk of a given event.
- Maintain knowledge of the current security threat level by monitoring related Internet postings, Intelligence reports, and other related documents as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications, and briefing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Cyber Security, incident response, or related experience.
- Familiarity with the following classes of enterprise cyber defense technologies:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- Network Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS).
- Host Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS).
- Network and Host malware detection, prevention and host forensic applications.
- Web/Email gateway security technologies.
DoD 8570 IAT Level III or CSSP-IR
BS (bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or other closely related IT discipline)
Security Requirements:TS/SCI with Poly