At Raytheon we regard the security of our employees, its assets, tangible and intangible, to be of primary importance to our continued growth, profitability and success. The establishment of security controls and procedures is essential for the protection of employees, the preservation of assets, and the effective enforcement of rules and regulations.
This position is a direct report to the Industrial Security Manager in Tucson, Arizona and matrixed to the Vice President and Center Executive at Raytheon in Huntsville Alabama. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading all aspects of the security program at the Huntsville Alabama facility, to include but not limited to, Industrial Security, International Security, Investigations & Counterintelligence, Physical Security, and Special Programs.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- The incumbent will serve as the Facility Security Officer (FSO) and the Insider Threat Program Senior Official and will be responsible for the development, administration, and compliance of security procedures for the protection of classified and proprietary materials, documents, and equipment in accordance with the NISPOM. |
- On a daily basis, the incumbent coordinates with Raytheon Security Leadership, Raytheon Site Leadership, government agencies, and customers to obtain rulings, interpretations and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations.
- In coordination with Counterintelligence & Investigations department, the position will investigate security violations or incidents and prepare reports specifying corrective action. Conducts routine self-inspections, participates in customer reviews, documents findings, recommends and assists with corrective actions, and reevaluates implementation of corrective action plans.
- Partners with programs and Raytheon security for solutions to a myriad of security challenges. Individual must focus on customer service; be a team player; possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- This position will require some travel to various business locations as well as flexibility to perform during extended work hours.
- This position will supervise other Security professionals across the multiple locations throughout Huntsville. This responsibility would include providing performance feedback, maintaining supervisor notes regarding employee interactions, conducting critical conversations, obtaining second supervisor input, approving timecards, delivering disciplinary actions, etc.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Security, Criminal Justice, Business or other related field or 8 years equivalent professional experience PLUS the following:
Desired Education, Experience & Skills:
- At least 8 years’ experience in Industrial Security preferably as an FSO with completion of the FSO curriculum for possessing facilities through Defense Security Services
- Active Top Secret security clearance- possess a minimum of a current, final Top Secret clearance with an investigation not older than 6 years on the first day of employment
- Understanding of the Defense Security Services in Transition methodology (DiT).
- Thorough knowledge of NISPOM, NISPOM Supplement
- Demonstrated experience supervising small to medium size teams of both employees and contracted services
- Advanced training in Insider Threat
- Exceptional communications skills both written and verbal to all levels of employees and customers
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Proven experience collaborating in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated experience in developing solutions to problems of unusual complexity
- Proven positive relationship and network with government agencies
- U.S. Citizenship
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to physical security, information security, access and visitor control security issues
- Master’s degree in Industrial Security, Criminal Justice, Business or other related field
- Experience in Counterintelligence operations
- Knowledgeable of COMSEC concepts and methods
- Experience performing and interpreting vulnerability assessments
- Experience administering the operations of a security infrastructure
- Knowledgeable in the Defense Security Services (DSS) Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM)
- Knowledgeable in Department of Defense 5205.07 Volume 1-4.
- Knowledgeable in the National Counterintelligence and Security Center ICD/ICS 705
- Ability to plan, schedule and arrange activities in accomplishing objectives
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.