Check us out on YouTube:
The Systems Test Directorate vision is to be a world-class leader in driving Test Affordability through the systematic application of Systems Engineering principles while ensuring an Operationally Relevant Product is delivered to the War Fighter.
As a Systems Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for the design of vibration fixtures and oversight of vibration, shock, quartz lamp, thermal, structural, and modal tests. The candidate will work with multidiscipline teams and will oversee the operation of commercial environmental test equipment in support of engineering development programs.
Environmental Test (ET) is an engineering organization that supports all engineering programs across Raytheon Missile Systems. The organization provides test capability for every phase of the product life cycle from prototype to production. Environmental testing includes mechanical shock, electrodynamic vibration, salt fog and climatic environments such as temperature, humidity, and altitude.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for executing a variety of environmental tests while collaborating in a team environment with ET Support Engineers, fellow ET Test Engineers, and internal customers. The Systems Engineer is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the test including setup, control, monitoring, and data collection. As needed the systems engineer will assist with troubleshooting of both the equipment and test setup. The Systems Engineer will report to the Environmental Test Manager within the Systems Test Directorate. The candidate will work in a Multi-Program Closed Area.
- Design, model and analyze vibration fixtures for various programs
- Train team members and other support personnel in the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Environmental Test assets such as shakers and thermal chambers
- Assist in creating schedules and budget estimates
- Implement engineering best practices to ensure environmental tests are being run correctly
- Writing test plans in coordination with internal customer requirements
- Safeguarding of classified/proprietary material, hardware and documentation
The ideal candidate is a motivated hands-on, self-starter who cheerfully accepts work assignments and diligently drives to complete them. They are creative and innovative, possessing coordination, analytical, and problem-solving skills.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Required Skills:
- US citizenship
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience with PTC CREO modeling application
- Experience working with mechanical hardware and electrical instruments
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft office tools including: MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Must be eligible for, or have active, DoD SECRET security clearance.
- Experience working with commercial environmental test equipment
- Experience working with instrumentation, signal conditioners, and data acquisition systems.
- Experience with National Instruments Labview
- Experience performing PSD analysis
- Technical writing experience
- High situational awareness and ability to effectively work multiple projects simultaneously
- Good communication and teaming skills to work with diverse groups and customers
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Additional information can be found here:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related engineering degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.