Tactical Radios, within Tactical Communication Systems (TCS) and the Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), designs and develops communication equipment for the US military and various international customers. This team is based in Fort Wayne and supports all aspects of the engineering life cycle of our communication equipment including support in the transition to production and sustainment of production.
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced senior level RF Electronics Technician to join our dynamic, diverse, and rapidly growing team. This senior technician will provide support to multiple programs in the Tactical Radios and Electronic Warfare business areas.
- Fabricate complex digital and RF assemblies within the design and test environments repair
- Test, troubleshoot, and repair complex digital and RF electronic circuit card assemblies and electronic systems and/or equipment
- Fabricate test racks and test fixtures in the test environments including debug and repair
- Fabricate wire harnesses and RF coaxial cables including debug and repair
- Provide program support at Raytheon off-site locations and supplier locations
- Document the as-built hardware configuration using on-line build/test/repair tools
- Support Raytheon processes working in all hardware levels
- Support Raytheon initiatives with respect to both internal and external Quality Management System AS9100 audit requirements
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as an RF electronics technician.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
- Possess hands-on knowledge and experience with the electrical and mechanical operation and repair of communication products or in general electrical / mechanical assemblies.
- Must be able to pass IPC J –STD-001 certification and a solder proficiency test.
- Proficient using electrical and mechanical drawings (schematics, assembly drawings and parts list/BOMs).
- Possess the communication skills necessary to accurately communicate redesign, repair or other technical changes.
- Must be able to travel and support offsite test activities
- Proficient using specialized test equipment and unit under test reconfiguration to support integration and qualification activities.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Possess a DoD Secret security clearance
- 10 years or more of experience as an RF electronics technician.
- Designs components or portions of a functional system to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Utilize computer-aided design equipment, develop basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal.
- Investigate pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
- Check completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers.
- Proficient use of computer test software and test equipment
- Proficient use Microsoft Office programs.
Associates Degree in Technology, Electronics, or Engineering or related experience and High school, secondary school or equivalent with 8 years of experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.