Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer: RF/Microwave Engineer
We are seeking candidates with a strong working knowledge of radar systems including architectures and RF/Microwave components and subsystems and a strong working knowledge of electromagnetic theory.
Candidates will enjoy using their strong analytical skills in radar, antenna, and microwave systems, as well as hands-on experience in the testing of microwave components and antennas. Candidates will employ their written and oral communications skills, and a desire to provide technical support for proposal activities. Team leadership skills including cost and schedule management experience is desired. Candidates will have a propensity for learning through self-study, and be comfortable in a multi-tasking environment. Candidate must also be capable of working with multi-disciplines of engineering.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering and 10-12 years of experience in antenna or radar analysis and hardware design and test
- Experience in radar system design and radar system operation
- Experience leading technical teams in antenna, RF/microwave, or radar developments
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
Bring your talent and skills to the following Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) group:Electrical Design Directorate (EDD):EDD provides engineering design, integration and production to core radar and combat system competencies (process and control, integration and test, power systems, receivers and exciters, antennas and microwave subassemblies).
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering and 8+ years of experience in antenna or radar analysis and hardware design and test
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong academic background that includes courses in: Microwave Engineering, Electromagnetic Theory, Antenna Theory, and Radar Systems
- Hands-on experience with electromagnetic simulation tools such as Ansoft HFSS, HP ADS, and phased array or RCS analysis tools
- Strong measurement capability, including Vector Network Analyzers, and antenna measurements
- Experience in technical writing, proposal writing, and oral presentations
- Experience in cost estimating, budget and schedule management
EDD has responsibility for the following areas:
Members of the Antenna and Microwave Department hold key roles in all of Raytheon IDS’s programs. An example of work performed in this department is phased array antenna design – and the analysis of array performance, including time side lobes, noise figure, noise floor, and other parameters. This work requires an engineer familiar with the use of numerical modeling techniques and tools to determine the impact of array performance on radar or communication system performance. Working in this department involves close cooperation and communication with other engineering disciplines including systems, mechanical and software. Engineers in this department also follow their designs into production supporting manufacturing operations and system integration and test functions. Teamwork, trust and accurate results are essential to the success of working in this department within the EDD.
Other examples of work performed within the Antenna and Microwave Department includes: Design of Radio Frequency, Microwave and Millimeter Wave circuits, components or modules for use in radar or communication systems and measurement of subsystems using antenna test techniques, equipment and facilities.
Keywords: microwave, RF, radars, HFSS, ADS, CST, Matlab, Mentor Graphics
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Phased Array Radar design – RF/microwave antenna design
- Power and Electronic systems design
- Receiver & Exciter Design - REX System Analysis, Exciter Design, Receiver Design,
- Low Noise Sources, Simulation and Modeling, Metrology, Integration and Test
- Mixed Signal Design - Receiver A/D Converters, Direct Digital Converters, Receiver D/A
- Converters, Digital Waveform Generators, Mixed Signal CCAs, Mixed Signal Modules and Subsystems
- Digital Hardware - Subsystem/Module Digital Circuits, FPGA/ASICs, Beam Steering, Mixed Process/Photonics/Sensors, COTS systems, COTS interfaces, Subsystem Development, VME/PCI
- Digital Systems – System Trades, Architecture, Embedded Processing
- Software Design - Real-time Signal Processing, Beam Steering, Embedded Software
- Photonics Design – Fiber Optic Communication, Optical Control
- Within EDD, the Antenna and Microwave Department has responsibility for the following:
- Antenna Systems - Antenna System Analysis, Array Analysis, Electromagnetic Analysis, Array Calibration and BITE, Signal Level Analysis, Assembly, Integration and Test
- Antenna/Microwave Subsystems - Phased Array Subsystems, High Power Subsystems, Antenna Subsystems, Signal Level Analysis, Subsystem Integration and Test
- RF/Microwave Design - Simulation and Layout, Passive Circuits, Amplifiers, Ferrites, Component Test, Material Characterization
- Antenna Design - Radiating Elements, Reflectors, Feedhorns, Radomes/Frequency Selective Surfaces, Simulation and Layout, Antenna Test
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.