General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Dallas | Usa
General Dynamics is looking for qualified individuals to lead self-perform crews on a nationwide generator installation program. Since 2012, GDIT has been the vendor of choice for this national program and as we expand our capabilities, we are developing in-house crews across the country to perform civil construction, generator delivery and wiring.
This position reports to a Construction Manager or Construction Supervisor, and is responsible for the daily civil construction for a range of wireless locations. These projects typically involve construction services related to wireless telecommunication systems. This will include generator installations, cabinet installations, concrete pads, foundations, framing, fencing, etc.
· Supervise, Lead, and Assist with all trenching, conduit installation, concrete work, wire installation, ATS/MTS/Camlock installation. Work must be completed in a safe, professional manner.
· Perform daily on site Safety and Quality inspections.
· Clearly understands, complies with and enforces Company and job safety requirements to include, but not limited to: OSHA, Federal and State laws and/or regulations.
· Document all work each day with photos and explanation. Proper closeouts must be supplied for all jobs before they can be signed off as complete.
· Review the scope of work and construction drawings with all crew members
· Report any deviations from the scope of work/construction drawings to the Construction Manager
· Plans and organizes tasks in order to meet task deadlines and meet or exceed estimated labor production units and related cost.
· Contact NOC and Tower/Land owners before entering/leaving any site. Must fill out all log entries.
· Safely uses and instructs proper use of all hand and power tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks, including but not limited to OTDR, Fluke meters, cable cutters, drills, saws, hammer drills, knock-out punches, and all tools and equipment utilized by the technicians.
· Assist in verifying that all materials for the project are taken to the job site.
Schedules timely inspections to meet assigned project deadlines.
· Responsible for planning the work and schedule of construction teams.
· Coordinates job progress with other trades, contractors, owners, etc.
· Reports all phases of construction progress back to the Construction Manager.
· Accurately oversees time reporting and proper coding of time sheets for entire construction team.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent