SHIPBOARD MECHANIC ORDNANCE (Tracked Vehicles)
The Marine Corps Logistics Services (P&MCLS) program is based out of Jacksonville, Florida. We provide maintenance and logistics services to the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) and U.S. Navy.
We are seeking a Shipboard Mechanic (Ordnance Maintenance) working from our Jacksonville, Florida location.
Performs basic automotive mechanic duties incident to inspection, maintenance, and repair of the Ordnance family of vehicles, (LAV,AAV,M1A1,AVLB and Towed Artillery) which are diesel powered vehicles having utility systems or special hydraulic, pneumatic or mechanical systems features, and controls designed combat, logistical or other special applications. Provides technical assistance, guidance, or training to lower level mechanics and assists higher level mechanics. Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Four years directly related work experience.
- Complete the Light Armored Vehicle Repairman Course or equivalent.
- Knowledge of how engines, hydraulic systems, transmission, and other parts and systems work.
- Ability to detect faulty items, determine cause of malfunction, and determine best repair methods.
- Ability to assemble, disassemble, repair, or modify components and systems.
- Ability to read and interpret parts lists, manufacturers’ repair manuals, diagrams, and electrical schematics.
- Thorough understanding of the priciples of operation and required repairs of all components and sub-components to include, the Hull, Suspension, Engine, Transmission, Turret, crane, winches, and sub-components.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Valid States Driver’s License
- Able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- U.S. Citizen.
- Must have a valid passport to start employment.
- Must obtain a Secret Clearance
- Must pass a comprehensive physical examination (Military Sealift Command Standards) drug screening, and detailed background investigation.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- Working knowledge of requisitioning requirements utilizing appropriate equipment, and special tools to cause repairs.
Primary Location: US-US-FL-Jacksonville
Req ID: 1080282