Sellafield Limited (SL) has identified the need for project and program management support to deliver 17 major construction projects associated with developing the infrastructure required for the reprocessing and making safe of nuclear waste material. CAPEX for the 20 year program is estimated at $6.5billion. The support SL requires is being procured through the selection of 4 Program and Project Partners (PPP) to form an integrated team for the 20 year programme duration. The PPP partnership will be comprised of: Integration (Lot 1), Engineering & Design (Lot 2), Civil Construction (Lot 3), Process Construction (Lot 4), and Sellafield. Each Partner has defined scope responsibility, and combined responsibility for delivering the Major Projects on time and budget for which there is a gain share mechanism in place.
The Integration Partner will be required to provide strategic and enabling project management support as required to structure and deliver the portfolio of Major Projects under the PPP Project. Major Projects will be delivered through Aligned Delivery Teams (ADT), which will be integrated teams formed from all Lot Partners using the principle of best athlete, while taking cognisance of each Lot Partners specific scope responsibility. The Integration Partner will also be required to deliver Site-Wide Project Delivery Improvements and ensure the collaborative working environment with Sellafield Limited and the other Lot Partners is developed and nurtured.
The Integration Partner team at mobilisation will be circa 30 strong, growing to circa 300 over 5-10 years.
The position will be based in Warrington with regular visits to West Cumbria (adjacent to the Lake District) and occasional travel to Surrey. A minimum four year commitment to the position is essential, as is the ability to build a highly collaborative culture of a large diverse team.
Ideally the candidate should have worked with KBR either as an employee, JV partner or client representative, but this is not essential.
- The KBR Information Management (IM) & Information Technology (IT) team
Reports to *:*
- Head of Lot 1 (KBR Programme Director)
Interfaces with *:*
- Senior Project Manages leading the project delivery teams
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation team
- The Client Functional teams
- KBR Functional Area Manager in Leatherhead, Surrey
Primary Roles and Responsibilities *:*
Provides leadership and direction to all IM / IT & Document Management personnel from KBR and Partner Teams. Provides leadership and direction to the KBR team.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Responsible for establishing the IT tool set, interfaces and data storing protocols
- Responsible for establishing the overall Document Management protocols and document hierarchy
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the PPP standards, requirements and procedures for PPP wide IM / IT. Ensures the quality, timeliness and consistency of IM / IT work produced by the IM / IT team
- Directing and influencing the IM / IT leads from all Lot Partners, responsible for establishing the PPP wide systems, processes and tools
- Reporting to the KBR Program Director for developing, implementing and managing the IM / IT services for the program
- Responsible for all IM / IT functions including coordinating with Lot 2, Lot 3 and Lot 4 Partners to ensure that all IM / IT related work products are prepared and completed in compliance with the PPP standards and requirements.
- Coordinate client and program management team IM / IT requirements to deliver user requirements
- Develop and implement the IM / IT execution strategy to achieve the program requirements
- Deliver and implement IM / IT systems and tools - hardware and software for the PPP project
- Develop and implement an integrated suite of modern portfolio, programme and project management control systems and toolsets (including BIM) in conjunction with Head of CP and Head of Quality.
- Co-ordinate the development of a common Building Information Modelling (BIM) strategy and information protocols for Major Projects
- Establish the Project Delivery Integrated Management System
- Deliver training on IM / IT systems and tools
- Provide monthly and weekly reports for Program Governance
- Coordination of the compatibility and interfaces with the Client’s and other suppliers systems.
- Management of IT Security requirements across the PPP Project and monitor compliance
- Working with the Head of HR, responsible for identifying PPP IM / IT resourcing requirements, and leading on the recruitment and training of the appropriate personnel to build and maintain a competent IM / IT and Document Management team, including the coaching of the team in their discipline and collaborative working as required
- Identifying and assigning the appropriately qualified personnel to the project Aligned Delivery Teams and ensuring they perform to the required standards and expectations.
- To oversee support all personnel assigned to the Aligned Delivery Teams to ensure they proactively manage the project and highlight any concerns to the appropriate Project Managers so mitigation measures can be identified and actioned.
- To provide the necessary business assurance through monitoring of key performance indicators to ensure the overall quality of Project execution is achieved.
- To support the Head of PPP in the development of business cases for Projects.
- Working with other heads of department to build the collaborative working culture (within KBR and between the Lot Partners and the Client) to ensure the success of the overall programme
- Ensuring HSSE goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
- Degree / HND / HNC level in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience in major projects/programmes, preferably in the nuclear or oil & gas industry or other regulated industry
- Minimum of 6 years in a management role
- Excellent knowledge of information management, systems, tools, hardware and software
- Experience of BIM environment
- Experience of integration and implementation of complimentary IT tools
- Experience of building integrated teams and working in a collaborative environment
- Coaching experience and capability
- Excellent communicator, leader and team builder
- British Citizen. HMG Security Clearance will be required.
Job: Information Management
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Manchester
Req ID: 1080224