Are you ready to work on a software development team, in a fast paced environment developing tactical software, with the meaningful goal of supporting the warfighter? If yes, then you may have found the perfect opportunity!
SAIC has immediate need for an experienced Senior C++ Software Developer, supporting the CCDC Aviation and Missile Center, Systems Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I) located on Redstone Arsenal, in Huntsville, Alabama.
Locals already know the secret, but for those relocating (assistance is available for this position), here is why Huntsville, AL is an awesome place to live and work…
The candidate will be responsible for design and development of embedded software for military systems. The candidate will perform development activities for the full life cycle of a software program. Duties may include requirements analysis, design, coding, integration, test, documentation, and support. The candidate will also participate in software team meetings, hardware and software design reviews, and technical interchange meetings. The software engineering process also empowers the candidate to work with Cyber, Safety, QC, Operations, and Test organizations to deliver high quality working software. The candidates will work in a team environment, with well-defined goals, supporting both new and legacy embedded systems. The candidate is able to receive timely feedback on software implementation by working directly with the customer, ensuring Agility and delivering a software product that fills immediate needs.
· BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline is required. 9+ years of related experience
· C/C++ and other Object Oriented Languages
· Object Oriented Design methods and practices
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
· Desire to learn embedded systems concepts and participate in all phases and activities of the software development lifecycle
· Object-oriented programming and design, including unit testing.
· Software Development for Embedded Systems
· Unified Modeling Language (UML)
· MS Visual Studio (VS2017), VxWorks, Linux, SCM tools
· Enterprise Architect
· Agile Development Experience
· Scrum Experience
· Certified ScrumMaster
· Working on a cross-functional teams with many engineering disciplines
· Continuous Integration and Automation
· Must already have or be able to obtain a SECRET clearance prior to first day of employment. Current SECRET clearance preferred.