SAIC is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Chief Engineer for the Mk48 Afterbody/Tailcone (AB/TC) program.
Specific roles and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide direct support to the program manager and corporate staff on technical issues
• Prepare variance documentation.
Guide the preparation of RFVs and ECPs as required to address TDP or manufacturing issues
• Maintain dialog with government production and technical authorities to resolve programmatic technical issues through a non-confrontational, collaborative, and transparent working environment at all levels
• Support vendor and sub-contractor variance and or ECP efforts to gain government approval
• Propose studies or technical instruction tasks to improve the operation or ease of manufacture of the Mk 48 ABTC.
• Provide familiarization training to engineering and manufacturing team on hardware functions, interfaces, critical features, failure analysis.
• Review and approve technical deliverables to the government for accuracy, clarity, and final acceptance
• Review procurement actions as required to ensure vendors are; qualified, responsive, understand the nuances of the product, and resolve their questions or concerns
• Lead efforts to resolve performance issues encountered in manufacturing, factory acceptance testing. Government acceptance testing, or in-service operations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• General experience of twenty (20) or more years preferred
• B.S. / M.S. in an Engineering related field preferred
Knowledge of the historical Mk48 development and the in-service issues. Prospective candidates must demonstrate in-depth experience with the Mk 48 torpedo theory of operation, the Mk48 MOD 5, 6, 7 propulsion system, and the MOD 5, 6, 7 hardware configuration. The candidate must also have the proper knowledge and experience to provide background on the design, the operation of the electrical power system and to support failure analysis approaches, as well as, root cause analysis. The successful candidate will have general knowledge of configuration management principles and processes as applied by Government entities.
• Must be highly motivated and have excellent problem solving skills.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills to work in a team environment.
• Must be able to complete tasks in an unsupervised and self-directed fashion.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently with changing deadlines and priorities.
• Knowledge of the organization, processes and personnel at NUWCDIVNPT and NUWCDIVKPT.
• Must be able to obtain clearance up to the level of SECRET.
• Active SECRET (or above) clearance is preferred.