Simulation Software Engineer Staff
Job ID: 477887BR
Date posted: Apr. 11, 2019
Description:The selected candidate will be a technical staff member for laboratory software development within the LM Aero Labs and Technical Services (L&TS) Simulation Team. This organization develops state of the art, real-time, pilot-in-the-loop fighter and airlift simulations and systems integration laboratories. This includes simulators for the F-16, F-22, F-35, C-5, C-130J, and L-100 aircraft. Our products are used to advance weapon systems development, strengthen pilot familiarization, assess human factors, evaluate aircraft control laws, improve mission study effectiveness, provide test capabilities required for contract verification and provide integration testing and verification capabilities for aircraft systems and software. Software will be developed for Linux, Windows, or Solaris platforms. Selected candidate may operate and maintain existing laboratory venues. Assignments may change over time as required by the organization.
Initial assignments will likely involve development, integration, documentation, test and debugging of airframe, aircraft system and avionics software models that contain logical and mathematical solutions for experimental, developmental and production aircraft in computer languages for solutions by means of data processing. Must be able to apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the development life cycle, locate and correct programing errors, prepare operating instructions, compile documentation of program development, and analyze system capabilities.
Must be a US citizen. This position will require special access and a Secret security clearance updated within the last 6 years to start and the ability to obtain Special Access Program clearances.
-Bachelor of Science in Engineering/Technical Field from an accredited university.
-Experience in the use of Windows and Unix Operating Systems.
-7+ years experience of software development in high order languages (C++, Java and/or Ada).
-Experience (7 years or more) with aircraft radar systems
- Master of Science in Aerospace/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university
- Knowledge of aircraft non-linear and linear 3-DOF and 6-DOF simulations
- Team or project leadership experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience with real-time simulation software development
- Ability to learn from others and pass knowledge on to others.
- Experience in Electronic Warfare and Electronic Attack.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, basic aircraft flight dynamics (aerodynamics, engineering mechanics and fluid mechanics, equations of motion, coordinate transformation), and avionics.
- Experience with aircraft flight controls and automatic flight controls.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and work with internal and external customers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Yes
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day