Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is looking for a project manager to join its team leading cross-functional initiatives to improve end-to-end Supply Chain performance. You will manage and lead a broad range of Logistics projects in coordination with Supply Chain, Program Operations, Legal, the Global Trade Organization, Global Trade Compliance, Export/Import, Security, Contracts, IT, and 3rd party logistics (3PL) providers. Projects frequently include systems requirements development, contract requirements development and subsequent monitoring, business case development, and supporting of on-going continuous improvement initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Developing and leading logistics process improvements or corrective action workshops where success is defined as $MM in ROI, elimination of issues that could lead to a GCAR, &/or major IT/process implementations at the BU or enterprise level
- Leading logistics long-term strategy development, subsequent execution, & sustainment activities
- Developing and leading cross-functional cost reduction initiatives
- Improving 3PL and supplier compliance on logistics deliverables (data integrity, process compliance, performance)
- Developing and coordinating of actionable metrics to monitor and evaluate logistics expenses & performance
- Authoring standard operating procedures in collaboration with internal and external business partners
- Researching, evaluating, and documenting Raytheon and industry transportation, warehousing, and management best practices
- Creating and maintaining command media (i.e., work instructions, 3PL agreements, memos, process maps)
- Developing change management plans (Project Schedule, Communications, Deliverables, Business Case, Sustainment)
- Developing and delivering systems and process training to logistics, program, suppliers, and procurement personnel
- Moderate domestic travel is required
In addition to aforementioned operational responsibilities, this position will be responsible for managerial/leadership duties, including performance assessments, career development discussions, ensuring a safe work environment, monitoring training and safety records, collaborating with Human Resources to provide coaching/disciplinary action as required, and working closely with Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) team to promote a safety first culture.
- 8 years related experience in Supply Chain Logistics
- Experience working in a dynamic & cross-functional environment, managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Microsoft Office expert with Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Experience with SAP/ERP or equivalent business system
- Strong analytical skills
- Prior leadership lead role
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong understanding & ability to apply statistics
- Ability to acquire DoD Secret Clearance
- Desired Skills: Self-Starter with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Team player who will be willing to take on new assignments as required.
- Six Sigma Certification
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, process oriented, customer service environment.
- Experience in multiple Logistics related activity, including Receiving, Warehousing, and Transportation.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Administration, or equivalent
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.