The Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) division of Raytheon is seeking an engineering leader with experience in large production programs. This Engineering Leader will be responsible for the engineering content of proposals and the affordability analysis / cost modeling of the various production phases of the program. This position will reside in SAS Engineering in the Hardware Engineering Center department that supports the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems (ISRS) Mission Area.
This is a significant production program with SAS and corporate visibility. The Engineering Leader will perform at a high operational tempo and demonstrate an ability to react quickly to changes in both the plan and/or priorities. Responsibilities include reviewing SOW’s and providing meaningful feedback to Management and the Customer, providing technical leadership and solutions, leading the various engineering proposal stakeholders and reviewing / approving their BOE’s, working the Affordability Analysis / Cost Model and adjusting Basis of Estimate (BOE’s) / cost model as appropriate, providing input and direction into Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) and Cost Reduction Initiatives, and presentations to Raytheon Management and the Customer
Job Related Activities:
- Large Production Proposals – all aspects – Engineering, other functions, review BOEs for all Engineering functions, programmatic understanding of the entire proposal, certified BOE approver, and application of Learning Curves.
- Cost Modelling / Affordability.
- Engineering leadership and solutions.
- Provide input and direction into ECP and Cost Reduction Initiatives.
- Broad engineering experience and perspective to include production, Program Management (PM), Finance, Depot, Sustainment, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Operations, Supply Chain Management (SCM), production testing, and production factories.
- Independent Review / independent perspective.
- Previous design experience on a large complex program.
- Integrated Product Development System (IPDS), Gates, and Independent Reviews (IRs).
- High-level systemic view of the entire program, including all factories local and cross regional, suppliers, long-term planning.
- Communication and interface to program leadership and to both internal and external customers.
- Generate management overview slides (both technical and programmatic) and present them to both program and Raytheon functional leadership and customers.
- Leading dialogs with Leadership and customers to resolve technical issues.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in Engineering to include production build and test, PM, Finance, Depot, Sustainment, ILS, Operations, and SCM
- Experience with multi-functional and cross-site teams
- Engineering experience with Radar related products
- Technical experience in radar systems Integration, Validation and Verification (IV&V)
- Demonstrated strong organization, coordination, planning, and team building skills
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of the difficulties of integrating complex airborne systems
- Understanding of the challenges of a long term production program
- Ability to present analytic results to executives in clear language about the implications of the results to the organization
- EVMS certification
- Requires Active Top Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status
- Cost Account Manager (CAM) experience
- Tier 1 Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) or Program Management experience
- Program Management (PM) Level 6 minimum and PM Level 4 preferred
- Certified BOE approver
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline (preferably Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, or Software Engineering) and 12 years of experience.Desired Education:
Advanced degree in a related fieldThis position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.