Raytheon IIS is currently seeking a Business Development Manager in Huntsville, Alabama who can identify Mission Support and Modernization (MSM) opportunities in support of the current and evolving Strategic Systems Engineering Services (SSES) efforts for the System Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I) Customer. The S3I, within the Aviation and Missile Research, Development, and Engineering Center (AMRDEC), U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command (USA RDECOM), has development and support responsibilities for myriad weapons systems and related support systems with associated enhancements.
The Strategic Systems domain includes support activities for Combatant Commanders and Agencies (such as AMC, MDA, Homeland Security, Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems (PEO EIS), TRANSCOM, INSCOM) and related FMS efforts. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for identifying, developing, and winning new large business IDIQ contracts related to S3I’s new acquisition strategy.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for market analysis, strategy development, managing the execution of the strategy, and meeting business objectives. The BD Manager oversees teaming decisions, pricing and win strategies. The position requires a close working relationship with BD and Program Area counterparts within Mission Support and Modernization as well as additional potential business partners to build a winning team.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in strategic planning and business development
- Current experience working in the SED, within the Aviation and Missile Research, Development, and Engineering Center (AMRDEC), U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command (USA RDECOM) business area -- comprehensive understanding of their challenges
- Ability to analyze customer requirements and needs toward developing discriminating mission system solutions that address current or emerging problems, near-term requirements and emerging future requirements.
- Ability to work at all Levels of Customer Organizations – PEOs to Program Managers. Able to synthesize customer contacts into action.
- Ability to identify and Mature Opportunities which Align with the Approved Strategy
- Experience building and managing customer relationships to seek out and identify new business opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions in stressful business situations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within and as the lead of a high performance team; a highly motivated self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and work with other business partners to build effective wining teams.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be available to travel as necessary
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with Raytheon businesses, policies, and practices
- Demonstrated networking capabilities among various communities, e.g. acquisition officials/leads in the Department of Defense and other government agencies
- Secret Clearance Required, TS/SCI Desired
Win Strategy Development, to create sound business models and value propositions by synthesizing information
- Agile Decision Making, valuing diversity of thought and making sound decisions and applying sound judgment
- Masterful communication skills; ability to translate between internal language and that of the customer environment; ensure win strategies and differentiators are positioned relative to customer priorities, etc.
- Ability to allocate resources as needed and prioritize effectively in limited time frames; work across and throughout leadership channels to ensure appropriate multi-functional engagement to achieve needed objectives/milestones
- Demonstrated competence in leading and influencing high-performance teams
- Customer Engagement, the ability to understand diverse customer needs;
- Leadership, with a clear vision and ethical compass;
- Market and Domain Knowledge, with a system-of-systems focus;
- Relationship Management, emphasizing active listening and communications;
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.