The Hardware Quality Inspection Supervisor will provide management support and expertise to Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems to maintain a department of skilled inspectors whom can be deployed to conduct inspection processes that are in compliance with contractual, company, and regulatory requirements. Provide education and knowledge to inspection personnel using tools in the administration of the Quality System.
The Hardware Quality Supervisor will use analytical tools and methods to: improve product inspection effectiveness; minimize inspection cycle times; solve fabrication problems; complete such specialized quality functions as data preparation, analyses and reporting; develop techniques and methods; support process improvements; complete special investigations and audits; take preventative and corrective actions.
- Minimum of 4 years related professional supervisor or management experience, with a minimum of 4+ years in Engineering and inspections
- Ability to use analytical tools and methods
- Experience with technical procedures, specifications, standards, and other engineering and manufacturing documents
- Demonstrated competency in the application of the personal computer to complete assignments, including skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Project, etc.
- Demonstrate good soft skills and have the ability to work within a cross-functional team environment
- Current DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience in the application of Six Sigma methodologies (e.g. Kaizen, Lean, DMAIC, and DMADV) and tools (e.g. ANOVA, SPC, Capability Analysis, DOE, MSA, and FMEA)
- Experience in supporting design and manufacturing processes
- Experience with microelectronics fabrication, manufacturing and assembly
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team environment
- Project Management experience
- Experience with AS 9100 quality management systems, and experience in aerospace-related manufacturing environment (Will consider equivalent automotive Quality Management experience)
- Experience managing engineering or production personnel in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Bargaining Units
- Field of study in Human Resources
- Active DoD Clearance
Bachelor’s Degree Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Technology or QualityDesired Education:
Master’s Degree, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Technology or Quality
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.