JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC has an immediate need for a Satellite Communications Network Engineer to support an Air Force contract. Provide operational support to Department of Defense (DOD) Satellite Communications (SATCOM) management to include satellite communications owned and operated by the DOD, commercial SATCOM used by the DOD, and allied and civil SATCOM systems used by the DOD. Support international SATCOM exchange negotiations. The emphasis is narrowband and wideband SATCOM systems. Ensure SATCOM access, operational procedures, and operational assessments of agreements are performed. Accomplish strategic global SATCOM planning to support SATCOM resource allocation for apportionment, deployment, implementation, and coalition plans. Develop SATCOM policies and procedures. Accomplish operations analysis to include collection, analysis and documentation of SATCOM communication requirements. Travel up to 80 days annually to include international travel.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. In lieu of a degree 4 years of additional experience is required.
•Military, commercial, or civil satellite communications management or operations.
• Enhanced Polar System (EPS)
• Milstar Communications Planning Tool- Integrated (MCPT-I)
• Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF)
• Time Distribution Sub-system Pre-Processor (TDSPP)
• Fleet Satellite Communications System (FLTSAT)
• Joint MILSATCOM Network Integrated (JMINI)
• Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS)
• Mobile User Objective System (MUOS)
• Ultra High Frequency Follow-on (UFO)
• Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS)
• Global Broadcast System (GBS)
• Defense Satellite Communications System (DSCS)
• Joint SATCOM Management and Planning System (JSMPS)
• Joint Integrated SATCOM Tool (JIST)