SAIC has an immediate need for a Software Engineer Manager to support the ICOFT team located onsite at Redstone Arsenal.
Institutional Conduct of Fire Trainer (ICOFT) provides realistic institutional training in all areas of the THAAD Enhanced Operator/Maintainer operations and maintenance tasks for the THAAD Fire Control and Communication (TFCC), Radar, and Launcher components.
Manages software engineers that design, develop, document, test, debug and maintain application software. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. Provides team guidance on programming techniques and controls for operating instructions; designs and development of services, applications, scripts, and utility programs. Ensures software standards are met and software engineer team is cross-trained and capable.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 14 years’ experience in Software Engineering related field.
- Background with a strong blend of project management skills and hands on practical technical experience.
- Must have an Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Ability to provide scope and technical direction to the functional engineering teams.
- Ability to perform constructive reviews of technical deliverables.
- Experience with process models such as CMMI.
- Experience leading or developing projects within the DoD product lifecycle model.
- Experience with the project initiation, planning, execution and monitor and control process groups.
- Effectively able to organize and track and report on project deliverables.
- Experience identifying critical path tasks.
- Experience preparing reports and other documentation on the status of projects.
- Effectively communicate project status to Program Management.
- Experience in analyzing and dispositioning product defects.
- Ability to employ risk management techniques to identify and control risks.
- Experience providing detailed task estimates and basis of estimates.
- Experience developing in Java and/or C# and with object oriented design concepts.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment.