General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
- Collect, analyze, and aggregate programmatic, project, and financial data into easily understandable formats for program, executive, sponsor, and stakeholder consumption.
- Assist with development and analysis of program and project schedules and earned value data, and communicate variances and status to PgM’s and stakeholders.
- Develop and write programmatic position papers, reports, and other documents.
- Perform studies & evaluations of programmatic and stakeholder requirements and other data, and make thoughtful recommendations to PgM’s.
- Manage risk, issue, and action item logs/registers, recommend appropriate mitigations, oversee completion of actions, and report status.
- Analyze and interpret stakeholder requirements, needs, and desires to determine their impact to program/project scope, budget, and schedule and develop plans/actions to mitigate risk while enabling program success.
- Analyze, interpret, and make well thought-out recommendations to PgM’s about stakeholder communications to reduce risk, increase efficiency, and facilitate effective collaboration across the multi-agency case management community.
- Coordinate and facilitate program stakeholder communications across multiple DSCA and Tri-service groups.
- Plan and coordinate multi-agency, multi-functional program meetings, conferences, and working groups.
- Take meeting minutes and manage recording and communication of program decisions and actions.
- Assist PM’s with development of program and project level PowerPoint presentations for executive and program-level briefings.
• Minimum 5-7 years demonstrated experience working on government information technology programs / projects
• Minimum PMI-CAPM, PMI-SP, or PMI-PBA Certified (or equivalent)
• Advanced MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, and Visio)
• Strong technical and business writing abilities
• Working knowledge of project management principles, SDLC, and Agile PM methodologies
• Strong critical-thinking, communication, and organizational skills
• Working knowledge of risk management
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.