Job ID: 475633BR
Date posted: Apr. 12, 2019
Description:The Skunk Works is looking for world class talent in Aeronautical Engineering to be a part of a team that will carry on our 75-year tradition making history in advanced aircraft development.
This exciting position is with the Skunk Works located in Marietta, Georgia. This position will support an ADP (Advanced Development Program) effort as a Structural Analysis engineer.
Perform aircraft structural/stress analysis in support of the ADP projects. Experience with metallic stress analysis required. Experience with composite structural analysis highly desired. Familiarity with Finite Element Models and analysis of results highly desired. Experience in Fracture Mechanics and Fatigue analysis desired. Some travel may be required to interface with both customers and other programs/teams at different sites.
***Must be a US Citizen, position is located at a facility that requires special access. A Secret Security Clearance is needed, and a clearance investigation must have been conducted within the last 5 years
- Bachelor degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, or Civil Engineering
- Experience with metallic Structural/Stress Analysis
- Experience with Advanced Composite Analysis
- FEA and non-linear solutions experience
- Composites damage analysis experience
- Experience using LM Aero Common Analysis Tools including Slim/Vision
- Experience in Fracture Mechanics and Fatigue analysis
- Experience with one or more Matlab, Simulink, Fortran, C, NASTRAN, ABAQUS, ANSYS, LabView, Linux
- Masters degree highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communication skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Aeronautical Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day