Systems Engineer, Requirements (entry level)
Job ID: 479660BR
Date posted: Apr. 12, 2019
Description:Your invitation to a forward-thinking future!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with meaningful assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
As the Systems Engineer for Requirements and Verification, you will:
- Participate in the definition of the Requirements and Verification Baseline
- Support development of Specification and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Support development of flight test hardware baseline, ground and flight test planning, and design maturity milestone reviews
- Be a member of the Systems Engineering team and drive design evolution in a systematic and thoughtful way
- Work with the Navy counterpart to develop, test and field a strategic system
Typically has 0 - 3 years of professional experience.
**** This position may initially be located in Littleton, CO but is anticipated to move to Centennial, CO in the May 2019 time frame. ****
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, or Computer) or a related discipline
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering concepts and processes
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to prepare reports, graphs, and visual presentation aids, perform measurements, and interpret data
- Demonstrated basic understanding of systems thinking skills and behaviors
- Excellent time management, task prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
- Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Requirements Development
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2