Job ID: 478627BR
Date posted: Apr. 12, 2019
State: District of Columbia
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
- Provide technical accounting analysis for complex transactions in accordance with GAAP and Lockheed Martin's accounting policies, and document conclusions in whitepapers;
-Collaborates with the program finance and business area controllers and their staff to properly account for complex transactions, in addition to working with Lockheed Martin's Corporate office;
-Assist with the implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements and continue to drive reporting enhancements related to the recent revenue recognition and leasing standard updates;
-Review and provide guidance on certain highly judgmental processes, such as revenue recognition and reserves;
-Enhance existing accounting-related processes;
-Actively interface with senior members of the Ernst & Young audit team.
Active CPA license; Bachelor’s or Master's degree in accounting from an accredited university; A deep understanding of current technical accounting and reporting matters; Extensive knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles and SEC regulations.
- Prior Accounting firm experience including that as a senior associate / manager
- Aerospace and Defense/Government contracting experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and sound judgment
- A diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style.
- A passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
- An ability to build consensus and relationships at all levels
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Finance
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)