Systems Engineering Manager - MBSE
Job ID: 477815BR
Date posted: Apr. 11, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking for an exciting career as a Systems Engineer Manager at one of the top Aerospace and Defense Companies? You will be a Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Core Team Manager responsible for the MBSE Implementation program.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Pay-by-the-drink MBSE support for programs and Core team resource deployment
• MBSE infrastructure including ownership of resources for developing MBSE people, processes, tools, and training
• MBSE practice development and related initiatives
• Leadership and representation of Space to LM-internal and external MBSE related groups
The successful candidate with have a deep background in MBSE and SysML with experience leading teams to both develop and implement MBSE-related technologies. In addition, experience providing engineering support across a diverse set of Space programs and customers is desired. You will also have experience with change management and related organizational initiatives.
Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Recognized leader in field of MBSE.
• SysML and other modeling languages
• Implementing and developing MBSE modeling processes, methodologies, tools, and training
• Leading Model-Based Systems Engineering and technical teams
• Developing and implementing MBSE approaches on Aerospace and Defense programs
• OCSMP Certified System Modeler - Advanced - certification
• Leading MBSE implementation on Lockheed Martin programs of record and in Lockheed Martin business areas
• Leading development of technologies to advance the MBSE practice
• Developing and implementing organizational strategy and managing change management initiatives
• Involvement in Object Management Group (OMG), INCOSE and other MBSE-related industry groups
• TS/SCI desired
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2