Systems Engineer Stf
Job ID: 479132BR
Date posted: Apr. 12, 2019
City: Colorado Springs
Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are searching for a Staff Senior Systems Engineer to join our extraordinary team in Colorado Springs, CO
This is a position supporting the AEHF and Milstar programs, which provide worldwide, secure, survivable, protected communications. You will support the Mission in 3 areas – training users on system deliveries, supporting the development team with an operational perspective in both integration and testing and supporting other programs as needed.
You will have a strong background in working with users to help them understand system definition and usage. Experience with deployed software systems, specifically related to military satellite communications systems is highly desirable. You will be able to convey all aspects of the system to ensure the operational system can meet the customers and users requirements.
You will provide an operations focus to the team by helping them understand both the strengths and weaknesses of their designs and implementation. You will support inspections as well as run integration tests with the development team. You will also provide support to our System Level Test program for requirements sign-off.
The Mission Planning Element (MPE) testing incorporates robust communications planning emphasis with the goal of identifying all critical planning problems and working with developers to gather data for problem resolution prior to final delivery. Testing is conducted primarily on day shift with occasional off-shift work to accommodate resource schedules. Test staff will work closely with the Help Desk, GSSC, RSSC, 4SOPS, 614th, User Integration, Schriever AFB Technical Advisors, and MPE development team personnel. The test team is located at Peterson AFB, Colorado or at the LM Citadel facility in Colorado Springs.
Some of your day to day responsibilities will include:
• Creating regression test plans and Discrepancy Report (DR) test plans for MPE releases, and perform regression and DR testing
• Develop operationally realistic test data files. Develop generic regression test scenarios to ensure total MPE functionality, simulate operational usage of software, and incorporate requirements (DR) level testing for each release
• Work with the user community to identify operational concepts and procedures to ensure test plans are consistent with operational procedures
• Support the analysis, troubleshooting, investigation, resolution and documentation of problems discovered during MPE testing
• Testers will need to be comfortable working in a dynamic and flexible environment and will represent the Milsatcom team with customers and outside organizations in a positive and effective manner
You will support cross business opportunities as needed – specifically with the COOLS program.
DoD clearance required
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Can work in a team with evolving requirements
• Ability to interact effectively with government customers
• This role requires special access to support the program and requires you to be a US Citizen
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Expertise with the Milstar/AEHF satellite communication system
• Operational experience with existing and emerging EHF MILSATCOM terminals
• Mission Planning Subsystem Operational experience
• Operational experience with the Apportionment and Planning, Terminal Data Gen, Resource Monitoring and MODC Applications
• Experience with the Directed Network Milstar/AEHF Apportionment
• Experience planning LDR/MDR/XDR networks and communication plans
• Ability to interpret Communication Asset Management message data in response to terminal/network satellite anomalies
• Ability to apply Resource Monitoring data in creating satellite usage trending data
• Experience with the Data Set Manager
• Time Distribution Subsystem Preprocessor experience
• EHF Terminal operations and image generation experience
• Experience with VBA and SQL
• Current CompTIA Security+ certification
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Experience
• Microsoft Windows hardware and software troubleshooting experience
• DoD secret clearance to start required
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2