Systems Integration and Test Engineer Staff (Grand Prairie, TX)
Job ID: 479586BR
Date posted: Apr. 11, 2019
City: Grand Prairie
Program: Spec Prog
Description:Lockheed Martin's Missiles and Fire Control business is experiencing some substantial growth at our campus in Grand Prairie, TX. We are seeking a Staff Systems I&T Engineer to join our team.
At Lockheed Martin, you’ll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. For most individuals, our work challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, you’ll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
Key responsibilities for this role:
The IAMD program is in need of a Systems Integration, Test & Verification Engineer to support ground and flight test efforts. The candidate should be able to author test plans, test reports, and standard operating procedures to plan, assemble, test, and report on munitions testing. In addition, the candidate should be able to support flight tests at the White Sands Missile Range (WSMR), facilitate test readiness reviews and test working group meetings with the US Army customer. The ideal candidate should possess excellent communication skills for interactions with other departments, the Project Office, and technician teams. Frequent travel to WSMR and other test facilities will be required. Secret Clearance is required.
Primary responsibilities are to support LTIAMD Systems Integration, Test & Verification activities include but not limited to:
• Component Qualification Test planning and support.
• Financial tracking and reporting (CAM).
• Coordination with various labs within the Dallas facility.
• Preparation of formal Test Plans and Reports.
• Field Team Support for missile processing and Flight Test activities.
• Preparation and updating of SOP’s.
• Facilitating Material Review Actions for engineering.
• Develop systems integration and test plans and conduct system and subsystem integration tasks, environmental tests, and ground/flight tests (at off-site locations such as White Sand Missile Range-WSMR) of the system to required levels to meet product requirements.
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
• Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics or related field.
• Must have an active Secret clearance.
Experience with the following:
• Integration and testing hardware and systems (eg. production, ground or flight testing; V&V (verification and validation) system; data analysis).
• Customer and supplier interface.
• System definition, system integration, verification and validation activities, throughout the life cycle of a product.
• Converting customer or product requirements into systems solutions, including requirement and interface definition, Cost / Risk assessment and Trade Studies.
• Experience to plan system level tests, especially flight test, including coordination with range, and performance analysis.
• Managing hardware allocation matrix.
• Experience with integration and test of radar and missile systems.
• HWIL and chamber and field test experience highly desired.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Assembly/Integration and Test
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2