Manufacturing Planner Asc Co-Op / Intern
Job ID: 477818BR
Date posted: Apr. 12, 2019
Program: Electronic Assembly
Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for government and commercial customers. Connecting people. Advancing discovery. And protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide.
As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. And as that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you?
What does this role look like?
This position is for an entry level college hire Manufacturing Planner whose primary responsibility will include:
• Accomplish the Make, Buy and / or Bill of Material (BOM) planning activities associated with Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) transactions.
• You perform multiple manufacturing activities within various manufacturing functions.
• Maintaining production systems integrity, you will drive inventory optimization to minimize cost.
• You ensure the expediting and optimization of material flow through the supply chain to meet customer requirements.
• You will have oversight for coordinating with manufacturing and Production Operations Management to provide shop floor control on make parts, analyze and control production schedule and capacity requirements, execute the plan, provide timely status, and expedite or develop work around plans to preserve schedule.
• You will coordinate with Supply Chain Stakeholders including Procurement and Operations Management to determine appropriate time phased plans for procured parts and execute processes to ensure work performed meets production and program schedule requirements.
• You will exercise efficiency through the maintenance of MRP parameters including lead times and lot sizes and coordinate with Engineering and Change Board Rep to make the associated changes to the BOM.
Current enrollment toward a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related field.
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, schematics and specs.
• Basic tooling, fixture and equipment design experience
• Basic knowledge of CAD and Additive Manufacturing CAD/CAM 3D Printing
• Lean Manufacturing and/or Lean Six Sigma experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Co-op/Summer Intern
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: PART-TIME-less than 40 hrs/wk;