Missile Mechanic Associate
Job ID: 479098BR
Date posted: Apr. 11, 2019
City: Kings Bay
Description:Under the guidance of higher level personnel, perform tasks associated with the assembly, disassembly, modification, repair, checkout and movement of all types and configurations of new and fleet return Trident II missiles and associated missile components. Perform inspection and related functions involved in quality assurance and acceptance of Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) systems, materials and support equipment at the Strategic Weapons Facility Atlantic (SWFLANT). Knowledge of computer skills to perform work is required.
Assist in assembly and disassembly operations involving such functions as mating/demating of motors, equipment section and interstage sections; removal and installation of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components, assemblies and units. Perform inspection of the assembly, disassembly, modification, repair, rework and testing of missile sections, sub-assemblies, complete systems and subsystems; of the receipt, shipment, handling, testing, altering, repairing, reworking and packaging of components and hardware; and of the repairing, fabricating, reworking, altering, modifying, maintenance and testing of support and handling equipment. Approve acceptable parts, tests, etc., and prepare or process documentation as required. Reject items found to be discrepant or unacceptable, and determine reason for rejection as required. Prepare necessary documentation for disposition of such items. Evaluate test data, assembly and refurbishment processes and recommend new methods, processes or procedures to improve quality assurance and quality control. Perform a continuous monitoring of all production and test activities. Assist higher level personnel set up for and perform tests such as electrical continuity, helium leak, motor pressure and propellant grain inspection. Assist in the repair or replacement of malfunctioning units, components or items revealed by tests. Become proficient in operating all equipment required to position major vehicle components and support equipment as required to perform necessary operations
Assist with inspection functions for non Production Partnership (P2) operations. Inspect for proper completion of documentation. Perform blueprint shake of support equipment being altered. Handling and storage requirements of hazardous material and hardware receipt inspections and other inspection activities as required. May perform functions described in lateral or lower rated job descriptions.
A pre-employment physical exam, background check and drug screen, and Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start.
- Strong safety mindset and elementary knowledge of strict procedural compliance
- The ability to work unsupervised as well as in a team environment
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 45lbs
- A minimum of interim secret security clearance to perform job function and have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret level security clearance
- Ability to obtain and retain Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives (AA&E) certification
- Knowledge of shop math, basic computer skills, and the ability to use all types of measuring and inspection instruments and tools
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen
- Willingness to work swing or grave shift as required
- Must be able to maintain required licenses and certifications to operate handling and support equipment, necessary to perform job tasks
- Ability to read and interpret Company and customer specifications, procedures and regulations pertaining to the assembly, testing, storage and shipping of missiles or their related parts, assemblies and components as well as handling and storage equipment
- Familiarity with inspection practices and procedures; of operational test methods and of functional test equipment relating to missiles and their components, subsystems, major systems and their integration
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Knowledge of missile structures and assemblies
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a team environment
- Experience working with or around ordnance
- Good interpersonal skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2