Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Drupal Developer to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Description and Responsibilities:
Seeking a developer/programmer with a solid understanding of Drupal 7, Drupal 8, and PHP to support a large government website. This position is mainly focused on Drupal development.
Dependability, a great attitude, and strong work ethic are integral components of this position. This position will be responsible for configuration/development, and supporting operations for a large public government website. Only high performers with attention to detail and quality of work will be considered. Candidate must be a self-starter that can perform well independently, interact with customers professionally, and collaborate with diverse internal and external teams. Deliverables are required to be well designed, tested, secure, and complete. Position will report to Springfield, VA area and may have infrequent local travel. Position is part of a small team supporting Drupal initiatives. The opportunity to work with capable, professional, and technical peers is present in this position each day.
• Familiarity with Web graphics, browser, and cross-platform compatibility issues is important.
• Familiarity with 508 compliance and accessibility.
• Work closely with other developers to build, review, test, and deploy complex code using our Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 environment.
• Detail-oriented individual who thoroughly writes, checks and tests code before deployment ensuring changes don’t impact others and that pages load quickly.
• Experience developing Drupal 7, minimum 1-2 years of experience developing Drupal 8 web sites in a business environment
• Experience with Drupal 7/8 and PHP projects
• Experience modifying and creating Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 modules and Features
• Experience managing configuration management in Drupal 8.
• Strong experience using Composer for dependency management.
• Strong troubleshooting skill to resolve system issues in a fast paced environment.
• Experience adapting and developing themes for use in a CMS environment
• Ability to develop, review, test, and deploy custom Drupal modules
• Experience working with mobile responsive design templates
• Collaborate with web designers to ensure mockups and UI meet the needs of a responsive web design
• Ability to write code to enhance performance across all devices
• Can communicate effectively between creative and technical departments
• Can manage multiple projects at one time – can work with other departments and team members to ensure the work is done accurately and on time.
• MySQL and Linux experience highly desired
• Knowledge of and experience with Features module
• Knowledge of Drupal hooks system
• Knowledge of GIT version control
• Knowledge of functional and regression testing in Drupal systems
Educational Requirements: (may be waived with adequate experience)
• BS’s Degree and 10 years of experience or equivalent
Government Eligibility Requirements:
• Candidate selected must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance and must meet U.S. Citizenship requirements
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.