Raytheon currently has an exciting IT position available that supports the Raytheon mission of making the world a safer place. We are seeking a Senior Storage and Backup Administrator that will be working in a highly collaborative, multi-platform and multi–disciplined environment. The Sr. Storage and Backup Administrator must have the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance as they will be responsible for administering systems that contain classified data. The candidate is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software related to a data center based NetApp, HP Storage, Tape Library, Fibre Channel switch, and NetBackup software. Duties include, but are not limited to, daily monitoring of data center storage and backup performance metrics, proactive and reactive responses to the metrics, backup administration, software/firmware and patch installs, deployment of new storage arrays and shelf additions, data migration and restores, system upgrades, support of our Information Assurance partners in maintaining our security and compliance positions, and managing access controls.
By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions. Besides supporting our noble mission and collaborating with diverse and talented individuals, other benefits at Raytheon include a flexible 9/80 schedule, technical training, career growth opportunities, new technology immersion, and a work site 3 miles from the beach , Los Angeles International Airport and minutes from the LA Metro green line train stop. Raytheon has also been recognized for several prestigious awards including Fortune 500, Fortune’s Global 500, ComputerWorld’s “100 Best Places to Work in IT 2017,” and Human Rights Campaign 2017 “Best Place to Work” for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
The candidate’s roles and responsibilities include:
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Administer and maintain systems support for software and hardware, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve all problems
- Work as a member of a data center support team
- Monitor and take action based on input from system monitoring tools
- Apply security hardening settings and work with our Information Assurance partners to maintain compliance with standards
- Use NetApp OnCommand System Manager and OnTap CLI to create LUNs, SVMs, create volumes, add storage space, etc.
- SAN and NAS solutions (CIFs, NFS)
- Manage NTFS and share permissions
- Identify, analyze, and remediate technical challenges
- Administer backups and diagnose backup errors
- Partner with application/project/security teams and vendors to plan, design, and implement storage solutions
- Tape Library maintenance, tape rotation, and VTL experience
- Configure and administer Brocade Fibre Channel storage area networks (SANs)
- Create and maintain technical and detailed design documentation
- Implementing data replication processes per Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP)
- 6+ years’ experience in support of storage devices (NetApp, HP Storage, EMC, HDS, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience directly supporting NetApp clusters, and NetApp Storage Appliance
- Experience with NetBackup and/or Backup Exec
- Experience with HP servers
- Some experience with Microsoft Windows OS (e.g. Windows Server 2008/2012/2012/ R2/2016, Windows 7, Windows 10)
- Some experience with Linux based systems (RedHat, Solaris, CentOS, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of SAN and NAS concepts and implementations
- Knowledge of backup and restore processes and procedures
- Advanced proficiency with RAID, SCSI, Fibre Channel, TCP/IP, and Volume Management
- Understanding of network services as related to a Data Center environment and storage
- Experience supporting petabytes of data
- Experience with an IT incident/service request system
- Strong customer interaction skills with users of all levels
- Effective written and interpersonal communication
- Willingness to learn new technologies and expand your individual skillset
- Self-starter, dependable team player that has the ability to work with minimal supervision
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Active Secret security clearance
- 2+ years’ experience with NetBackup
- Experience with HP StoreOnce
- Virtual storage experience
- VMWare VSphere (ESXi, vCenter, Horizon, vSAN, etc.)
- NetApp, HPE Storage ATP or ASE, RHCA, Brocade, or VMware certification
- Familiarity/experience with system monitoring tools such as Splunk and SolarWinds, SCCM, vRealize
- Support for DevOps environments
- CompTIA Security+ certification or other industry-recognized certifications relevant to a Linux System Administrator
- Direct Data Center experience
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years related experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.