Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a Section Manager to lead a team of operations analysts in El Segundo, CA. The Section Manager will perform day-to-day management of a group of multi-disciplinary system engineers in support of multiple programs. This team is responsible for developing analytical solutions in a modeling and simulation environment to identify technology gaps, develop requirements, and specify the operational benefits of advanced concepts in complex operational scenarios. Candidate will ensure that each employee has suitable work assignments and opportunities for growth and advancement. Management duties include performance development and appraisal, salary planning, manpower planning, career coaching, and ensuring adherence to company policies. Candidates will contribute to the technical oversight of employees, monitor program execution, and provide operations analysis subject matter expertise in direct support of program efforts and proposal activities.
- Minimum of 10 years systems engineering experience
- Experience with Military Operations Analysis
- Ability and strong desire to facilitate career growth and knowledge transfer
- Experience in empowering employees, leading and motivating teams, and fostering collaboration
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Knowledge of standard government developed tools including AFSIM, Suppressor, Brawler, EADSIM, ESAMS or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to decompose a complex problem into an executable plan
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Domain knowledge in Sensors (RADARS, EOIR, etc.), Network Communications, Weapons/Effects (Missiles, Projectiles), Command & Control, and Resource Management is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Linux Environments.
- Experience with modeling and simulation of sensor systems
- Proficiency with scientific computing environments, models, and/or simulations such as the following: MATLAB, Simulink, MathCAD, AREPS, and NVIPM
- Experience in Numerical Optimization Techniques, Analysis of Alternatives, or Design of Experiments
- Strong grasp of mathematics and statistics, including multivariate calculus, linear algebra, probability and statistics
- Possess a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Ability to understand tactics as described by military experts and to represent their employment (verbally, graphically, and in simulations)
- BS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical field
- MS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.