KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 34,000 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Position Title: Director of HSE – Delivery Solutions
Position Description/Job Responsibilities
- Manages and leads Health, Safety, and Environmental initiatives and personnel for the Americas Region
- Serve as a business partner working with operational counterparts in leading optimum HSE performance and supporting: i) strategic direction and managementii) people developmentiii) HSE program development and implementation specific to the company;Support optimum HSE performance that is inclusive in the Company’s vision and strategic plans;Provide overall leadership, management and direction to the Company assigned;Directly supervise Senior and Area HSE Managers
- Take personal ownership and responsibility for protecting people from harm, and for developing strategies that drive performance and support continuous improvement
- Own and maintain open communication with the VP of HSSE to provide technical resource guidance, to ensure alignment, and to assure consistent implementation of HSE process tools that support company HSE strategic plans and objectives
- Participate in company HSE business plan development and monitor performance for effective implementation;Drive consistency in implementation of Zero Harm Global HSE Absolutes
- Support defined strategies for developing HSE resources that includes recruiting, hiring, growing, and retaining of HSE professionals;Strategic planning includes career development, succession planning and scheduled timely performance appraisals
- Establish working relationships with operations, HSE, sales, and support organizations to ensure consistency in interpretation and implementation of KBR HSE processes across projects and offices
- Work with Senior and Area HSE Managers to ensure alignment with operations and construction
- Support Senior and Area HSE managers by monitoring and analyzing HSE performance to identify improvement opportunities and advancement
- Support specific Zero Harm HSE initiatives to drive optimum HSE performance
- Provide or ensure HSE indoctrination and orientation for key HSE professional hires and operational counterparts
- Supervise and develop HSE resources, seeking opportunities to integrate HSE experience within various functions and operations within the company
- Establish a technical skill track for a variety of HSE professional needs including Industrial hygienists, System HSE and Construction HSE
- Engage in specific project and office locations to resolve complex problems, support training, and support meeting critical milestones
- Engage in supporting HSE policy and procedure development for implementation specific to company needs
- Ensure global mandatory training requirements are consistently met, and develop regional customization and implementation planning
- Participate in sales presentations and internal presentations and weekly HSE conference calls and other communications
- Develop HSE reports (i.e. monthly board reports) and communications (i.e. Alerts) to disseminate incidents, lessons learned and best practices
- Verbally notify the VP of HSSE of serious incidents (including days away from work)
- Provide acquisition support by defining resources required to support Region-specific due diligence and transition efforts
- Manage recognition and awards programs; support selection of qualified, personnel, projects and offices
- Network with industry associations, companies, Safety professionals and regulatory bodies;Benchmark against industry and company standards
- Develop, administer and monitor budgets for assigned Region.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum fifteen (15 years of experience with five (5) plus years of experience in management
- Background check required
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Quality, Health, Safety, Environment
Primary Location: US-US-TX-Houston
Req ID: 1080359