Raytheon Missile Systems, a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civilian markets, is seeking an experienced Principal Electrical Engineer or Senior Principal Electrical Engineer for the RF Products & Technologies Department, an organization with 70+ employees. This organization is responsible for designing state-of-the-art antenna, radome, and antenna measurement systems.
The candidate will be responsible for leading and shaping the incorporation of active electronically scanned arrays (AESAs) into the Raytheon’s product portfolio. The selected candidate will also be expected to lead diverse teams, provide technical oversight, delegate tasks, and work with the Engineering organization to establish technology roadmaps, enable modernization, and contribute to general innovation. In addition, the candidate will work with government personnel and programs, and define and refine requirements to validate hardware compliance. The candidate will be responsible for providing guidance, coaching, mentoring, and training to other employees across the business within the candidate’s areas of expertise.
As a Principal Electrical Engineer or Senior Principal Electrical Engineer, it is expected that the candidate works across Product Lines and Business Units to shape the future of the enterprise. Additionally, the selected individual must seek out and establish mentorships to enable a teaching culture.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must be a US citizen
- A minimum of ten years of applicable experience focused on designing, modeling, analyzing, testing and/or integrating AESAs
- Familiarity with industry trends toward low-cost AESA technology, especially trends originating in the commercial sector, e.g. 5G, MIMO
- A working knowledge of AESA interfaces for power, control, and cooling
- Technical leadership with capture/pursuit experience, including contribution or authoring of white papers, RFI responses, proposal of technical volumes, or related experience
- Demonstrated experience managing and presenting technical data to stakeholders and customers in design reviews and technical interchange meetings
- Must have or be able to obtain, at a minimum, an active DoD Secret Clearance
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in math, engineering, science or related technical field.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Masters of Science (MS) or PhD in electrical engineering
- 12+ years professional experience with national recognition in industry
- Patents, papers and/or publications in related technical field
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities from multiple sources
- Strong interpersonal skills working in a team environment with positive interaction
- Demonstrated ability to put forth and drive technical execution plans
- Knowledgeable of government processes, such as IPDS, EVMS, etc.
- Understanding of near-field-to-far-field processing algorithms
- Experience integrating advanced antenna systems with antenna measurement test equipment
- Experience in RF HIL chambers, flight tables, and RF scene presentation hardware
- Experience in RCS chambers
- Understanding of complex threat environments and battlefields
- Experience with datalink and telemetry systems
- Experience with GPS systems
- Proficiency with Python, MATLAB and/or other high level scientific programming languages
- Proficiency with high performance computing (HPC) and parallel computing
- Proficiency with modeling & simulation tools. such as HFSS, CST, and GRASP
- Broad knowledge of tactical missiles systems to understand system level requirements allocation and dependencies, as well as conduct trades studies at the test systems level
- Familiarity with all stages of the missile product lifecycle, including early concept/trade studies, performance simulations, qualification testing, and transition to production
- Familiarity with assessing program level risks to performance objectives and communicating status to business leadership and customer community
- Active member of at least one RF-related professional organization
- Prior active participation in a mentorship or coaching program involving several junior or mid-level engineers
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.