full-time employee contract
ManTech is looking for a highly motivated junior-level Oracle Database Administrator to learn and grow on our team! Support the Army in a worldwide military operations program and help us integrate the most advanced C4ISR technologies. You will become a vital component to our team as you will master the configuration and maintenance of our DCGS-A Fixed systems. Together, we will make a significant impact to this country by providing software support for Army systems across the globe!
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
• CompTia Security + CE certification
• 3 years of technical experience and Bachelor's degree (Computer Science preferred). **4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Experience with Database Administration
• Experience with Linux/Unix
• Minimum CE: Server +
• Linux +
• RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
• Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)(Server) 70-642 or 70-643
• Preferred CE: Oracle Certified Associate (Oracle 10g/11g)
Other Skills Preferred:
• Oracle 10g and/or 11g installation, configuration, management
• Oracle RAC and RMAN use and management
• Oracle recovery procedures
• Oracle client installation and configuration
• Oracle RDBMS table space and table structure management
• 6+ years Oracle Database experience in a multi-node Linux/Unix Enterprise network environment.
• Experience in the DOD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies, with field level experience preferred.
• Experience with Fixed Site Fusion Brain and/or DCGS-A V3.1.x WSS administration a plus.
• Experience installing, configuring, modifying, and maintaining Oracle 10g/11g Relational Database Management Systems.
• Experience configuring and managing Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control 10g/11g.
• Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) experience a plus.
• Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) experience a plus.
• Skilled in Oracle PLSQL and Unix shell script programming and debugging.
• Experienced with and able to perform RMAN data recovery procedures.
• Ability to identify database performance issues, recommend and implement solutions.
• Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and JDBC with the ability to write complex stored procedures, triggers.
• Ability to perform Unix/Linux shell script programming and debugging.
• Possess complex problem solving skills
• Possess the ability to write and perform complex SQL queries that retrieve information from very large, relational database management systems
• Ability to accomplish Enterprise User creation and administration
• Ability to automate network database monitoring and application database implementation tasks.
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Assist Information Assurance staff with all documentation required for accreditation and any other associated directives and regulations.
• Prepare status report as well as briefings for the customer and upper management. Develop plans and schedules. Manage database security activities as assigned.
• Understands Information Assurance methodology and security principles.
• Exceptional oral and written communications skills and ability to work independently, with minimal supervision in a fast-paced high profile multi-tasked production environment. A self motivated self starter mindset is a must.