Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of the advanced electrical scanned radar (APG-79 AESA) sensor system for the U.S. Navy’s F/A-18 Aircraft and Air Force’s F/A-15 Aircraft. This AESA Systems provides the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The SEIT RF Systems Department supports the development of new capabilities and this key contributor will interface with the Chief engineer and program office on the APG-79/82 systems during development and sell off.
The Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) organization is seeking engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective Verification and Validation solutions.
The activities and requirements in this job include:
- Provide technical leadership in advanced radar systems development engineering.
- Work closely with engineering functional and technical management to ensure on time deliveries
- EVMS certified required and needs to be able to present financial status.
- Experience with government programs.
- Experience with lab processes and hardware testing.
- Experienced at leading hardware, and software integration and system verification efforts necessary for the efficient sell-off of advances radar systems.
- This role will be the primary technical point of contact for the engineering issues related to the cost and schedule performance on a development effort. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to ensure that issues are addressed immediately and corrective actions are implemented expeditiously.
- Performs system testing, test reporting, updating of test procedures and generation of sell-off reports and earned value reporting. Knowledgeable in systems engineering and IV&V engineering principles. Ability to work in a high paced, high demand laboratory factory shift environment. The candidate will need to understand the verification of system as well as software requirements.
- Must have existing DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance and/or a SSBI/Special Access clearance
- Minimum of 8 years work related experience
- Experience with AESA Radar systems and relevant experience with AESA Radar system integration, test, verification and validation
- Experience executing and integration and test procedures on radar systems
- Experience supporting testing of AESA Radars in the lab
- Experience investigating software stability issues, flight test problem reports, and developing solutions to the problems
- Experience parsing, reducing, transferring radar flight test and integration data in a classified environment
- Proven technical competence in a complex system development environment
- Very strong organization, coordination, planning and teaming skills
- US Citizenship
- Work in a development environment involving Hardware/Software and familiar with radar testing.
- The position requires a solid understanding of test automation, and troubleshooting.
BS Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline.Desired Education:
MS Degree in Engineering Math or Science or related Technical degree.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.