General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Applicants must possess active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
Responsible for knowledge and proficiency with an enterprise database technology (e.g., Relational, SQL database, In-Memory databases, NoSQL databases and new emerging databases). Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management. Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional societies. Identifies customer database requirements. Defines optimal conceptual, logical and physical data models that address customer requirement and balances performance (e.g., indexes, views, snapshots) and storage (e.g., normalization, de-normalization). Incorporates security, back-up, and disaster recovery into database designs. Establishes database parameters that maximize database performance. Installs, configures, and patches database management systems (DBMS). Writes database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata). Controls access permissions and privileges. Ensures that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly. Conducts capacity planning. Communicates regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security. Clones application environments. Ensures availability of related application technology (e.g., web services, applications, batch processors, job schedulers, etc.). Provides Tier III support for the application technology stack. Applies application, security, and database patches. Migrates new software code and break fixes. Verifies shell/SQL scripts, packages, and stored procedures for system enhancements. Installs and configures third party products that integrates with the underlying application.
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
5+ years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
Benefits of this Position:
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers’ challenges through future-focused technology and services, ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government, defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a difference – helping our customers to advance mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future.
BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.