Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Linux Systems Administrator, in the Clarksburg, WV area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The FSS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
- As a Systems Administrator, you will perform daily duties of backups, maintenance on applications and OS, patching, tuning and troubleshooting.
- You will configure system based on requested changes.
- Follow CM process to effectively manage environment changes.
- Will be on-call, as required during the year, supporting mission critical supporting systems. (on call rotation).
- Will also provide necessary instruction and documentation for change requests, installing operating systems, loading (installing) COTS products, and configuring operating systems and COTS products.
- The System Administrator shall possess knowledge of tracking and analyzing performance and resource utilization of the assigned systems, and shall have experience in recommending changes, upgrades, and enhancements based on the technical analysis.
- Experience working with Administration of Splunk, Arcsight, and other SIEM and log collection products. Certifications in operating systems and other COTS products are desired.
- Possess 4-7 years of relevant work experience - Systems Administration.
- Red Hat or equivalent Linux Administration
- Possess knowledge of tracking and analyzing performance and resource utilization of the assigned systems, and shall have experience in recommending changes, upgrades, and enhancements based on the technical analysis.
- Perform daily operational duties of backups, maintenance on applications and OS, patching, tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Flexible working hours - able to support occasional nights, weekends, and call-ins
- Able to quickly adapt to a constantly changing environment
In addition to the skills required for the position and level, the individual would also need to have the following
- Basic knowledge of Linux CLI, specifically RHEL
- Understanding of Linux compatibility issues and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of system services like LDAP, DNS, NFS, etc.
- Knowledge of app services (tomcat, MQ, apache)
- Familiarity in scripting languages (bash, python, using cron)
- Ability to work with new technologies and changing system environments
- Ability to work in multi-system environments
- Understanding AGILE and SAFe work frameworks
- Preferred to have Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent plus 4-7 years of work experience.