Security - Special Access Program (SAP) Security personnel interface with customers and the government on security requirements for proprietary programs as well as providing guidance and support to employees working on such activities, helping them stay abreast of changes and updates in requirements.
The Sr. Industrial Security Specialist will help develop, administer and maintain the program’s security policies and procedures in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment to ensure compliance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), Department of Defense Manual (DoDM) 5205.07 series, and Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG).
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Required Experience, Skills, and Education
- Administering the security procedures (NISPOM, DoDM 5205.07 series, Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 705, and JSIG), as they relate to operating in a classified environment for: personnel processing, media control, marking and control of documents / materials, security education, visitor control, destruction of classified
- Develop, prepare, and implement local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Operations Security (OPSEC) Plans, and proprietary test plans utilizing risk management principles
- Provide security oversight and management to subcontractors and subordinate business units via the DD Form 254 or other contractual methods
- Establish, gain accreditation, and maintain a secure facility in accordance with (IAW) ICD 705
- Establish and oversee specialized procedures for the transmission of classified and/or proprietary material/information
- Conduct and/or participate in internal reviews and/or Government inspections
- Investigate security infractions/violations and prepare reports specifying the potential for loss or compromise and the associated risk to the program(s)
- Collaborate and assist the ISSO / ISSM on implementation of JSIG requirements
Desired Experience, Skills, and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree or 8 years equivalent experience
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area and 4 years prior relevant experience
- Active Secret security clearance with SAP caveats - possess a minimum of a current, final Secret clearance with an investigation not older than 6 years on the first day of employment
- Understanding of the NISPOM, DoDM 5205.07 series, and ICD 705
- Willing to travel on company business
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for escorting individuals across business locations
- U.S. citizenship is required
- Degree major in Business Management, Security and/or Risk Management, Government Policy, Information Management, Criminal Justice, or other related field of study
- Possess a minimum of a current, final TOP SECRET security clearance with an investigation not older than 6 years on the first day of employment.
- At least 6 years of National Security experience preferred
- Related training with Defense Security Service (DSS), Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) including, Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC)
Security Clearance: This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of a security Clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.